Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Super Tuna Vegetable Patties
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

gryp

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 8:17 pm
I posted this so long ago, I don't even follow the recipe anymore.

Just one tip: I found out (by accident) that when you put the mix into the fridge for a few hours, it fries beautifully, and comes out much better.

mandksima

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 5:27 am
I made these yesterday and at first I was disappointed because they were a little bland and I didn't add enough salt. Then I decided to make a tartar sauce for it (really simple: mayo, relish, onion and garlic powders) and put them in a whole wheat roll with chopped lettuce. YUM! Even the baby ate it up (sans lettuce.) Also, I think they taste great cold from the fridge for a nosh (and dipped in leftover tartar sauce.)
Thanks!

drumjj

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 5:34 am
I made these on wednesday even my husband who doesnt like tuna said they were delicious although I didnt put zuchinni in bc I had non at home. im having lots of guests on sunday so im going to make them bec u can eat them cold

gryp

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 9:40 am
These are really great for a road trip because they're good cold too.

cookielady

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 1:05 pm
Another comment, I didn't mash the potato, zucchini and carrots very finely. The color of the vegetables made the patties look very nice. (dh actually commented that they look good too.)

LuckyMum

Post Sun, Jul 26 2009, 4:33 am
I do this without cooking the veggies. I just put them through the foodprocessor (onions, carrots, zuchini, potato) mix in the rest and its yummy, without the extra hassle.

3Qts

Post Sun, Jul 26 2009, 1:13 pm
form into patties and bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hr-45 min.
yields: 10- 12 medium-sized patties

you can fry them if you want but baking them is less fattening

Does baking taste just as good as frying??

gryp

Post Sun, Jul 26 2009, 9:40 pm
No. Smile

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 26 2009, 11:45 pm
I made it tonight. fried it. IT WAS SCRUMPTIOUS. every last bit was licked off. I have enough for 3 more dinners. so happy.

boruchhashem

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 12:40 am
Sad my dh didn't like the onion in it....

SV

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 8:35 am
boruchhashem wrote:

I sauted the onion and it was yumm. maybe your dh would like that?

nicole81

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 11:38 pm
LuckyMum wrote:
I do this without cooking the veggies. I just put them through the foodprocessor (onions, carrots, zuchini, potato) mix in the rest and its yummy, without the extra hassle.

I did this too and they came out pretty good! I just had to squeeze out all the excess water from the vegetables.

I made 10 big patties; I had 2, my kids each had 1, and dh had.... 6!!!

mominisrael2

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 4:47 am
SV wrote:
boruchhashem wrote:

I sauted the onion and it was yumm. maybe your dh would like that?

I didn't have a fresh onion in the house so I used dried minced onion instead, didn't taste as onion-y as I imagine fresh would. Sauteeing is also a good idea.

willow

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 1:18 pm
I just used this idea (not exact amounts posted) and fried half the onion and left some in raw my dh really enjoyed them. Thank you for the idea.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 1:19 pm
Just bumping to say I just made a batch, and they're yummy: 2 eggs, 4 large cans tuna in water, 1/2 container hummus, and 6 zucchini shredded, 1 t. salt, dash of black pepper. Amazing! Except they didn't hold, so I had no choice but to add flour which I didn't want to. I added 3/4 cup.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 10:03 pm
Thank you GR. I made this for supper tonight and it was delicious! I will definitely be making this many times again.

gryp

Post Thu, Nov 19 2009, 10:18 am
Sure. Smile

And LOL because yesterday I made regular tuna patties for the first time. We liked them better. Confused It was 3 PM, I had 4 hungry kvetchy kids home and still no plans for dinner. My house is pretty empty of food, I haven't done a regular shopping in 3 weeks. I slapped together tuna, eggs, onion, matzah meal, spices, and fried them. I would have made this vegetable recipe but there wasn't enough time.

sunny90

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 1:52 pm
I made these this week and DH, who for some reason seems to be allergic to the word "healthy", loved them! I baked them but I sprayed a LOT of nonstick spray on the baking paper and on top of the patties.
By the way, how do you fry them? In a lot of oil? I don't know how cooked they'd get.

Maya

Post Tue, Jul 13 2010, 6:01 pm
I'm making this again tonight. It's a hit every time.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jul 13 2010, 6:03 pm
GR wrote:
warning: do not do this recipe in a food processor! it is disastrous (from experience)

I wish I saw this thread and post before I made these. I made them last week, but made my own recipe from memory from what my mother used to make, but I made it in the food processor. I couldn't make it into patties, so I put it in a pan and made it into a casserole.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics