Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Non-ANON Unpopular opinions!
  Previous  1  2  3 22  23  24 25  26  27  Next

it’s okay!

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 2:34 pm
When you say “No offense, but….” You’re going to offend me. And even though you warned me it still hurts.

Debbie

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 2:37 pm
it’s okay! wrote:
When you say “No offense, but….” You’re going to offend me. And even though you warned me it still hurts.

On similar lines is 'With all due respect.' You can pretty much guarantee that as soon as someone has said those words they are going to say something derogatory.

GLUE

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 2:54 pm
emi1812 wrote:
Society needs to stop pathologizing body types. BMI is totally bogus too.

The BMI started by a Life insurance Co., it was taken over by "Anorexia's" which is why every few years more people are over Weight, because they keep changing the guidelines.

No evidence that a "perfect" BMI makes you healthier

Plonis

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 3:52 pm
it’s okay! wrote:

It's like "Nisht Oif Shabbos Geredt." It doesn't give you a blanket heter to say whatever you want.

hodeez

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 3:55 pm
Being offended or triggered is a luxury

ora_43

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 5:16 pm
It's hard thinking of opinions that will be unpopular specifically here.

But here are a few:

Terms like "snowflakes" and "cancelled" are increasingly being misused by ridiculous people. Like, for every one person who's actually like Ben Shapiro or Jordan Peterson getting deplatformed or threatened or shouted down, there are 4 more people who think they are like that, but actually are just a rude person who insists on arguing about vaccines on the whatsapp group for the freaking PTA. No, you are not being cancelled by the woke mob of easily triggered snowflakes, you're just being asked to have the slightest hint of social awareness.

ora_43

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 5:18 pm
The whole trans issue is being pushed by the uber-rich to keep both sides arguing over nonsense while they steal our information and natural resources and just generally ruin our lives.

To be clear I mean both sides are being pushed by the uber-rich. They're just as happy to see the right wing focusing on why biological men shouldn't be in women's bathrooms as they are to see the left arguing for why they should.

ora_43

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 5:23 pm
It's ridiculous how many Jews say things about other Jews that are very very similar to anti-Semitic tropes, if not flat-out anti-Semitic. In any and all directions. (hareidi to zionist, mo to hareidi, etc)

ora_43

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 5:26 pm
and finally

Our first and foremost job as parents is to produce kids who won't be unpleasant jerks as adults. For that, you need a lot of empathy and patience and unconditional love... but you also have to be willing to put your foot down, and sometimes, to stand by while reality teaches your kids a harsh lesson or two.

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 6:28 pm
it’s okay! wrote:

Saying "no offense" is a great way of making something extra offensive even if it wasn't offensive to begin with. No offense, but I really like to use a French press to make my coffee.

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 6:29 pm
hodeez wrote:
Being offended or triggered is a luxury

Those are not nearly the same thing, and people can be both even on their deathbeds.

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 6:35 pm
The trans movement has two components with different underlying motives. One is the "You don't need dysphoria to be trans, and you don't need to medically transition to be valid," which is about appropriating people's spaces and identities. The other is more like "The reason you feel different from others is because your gender identity doesn't match your s​e​​x, so you have to make your s​​ex match your gender." That's aimed primarily at autistic people or people with other mental illnesses, and it's basically just eugenics.

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 9:22 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
The trans movement has two components with different underlying motives. One is the "You don't need dysphoria to be trans, and you don't need to medically transition to be valid," which is about appropriating people's spaces and identities. The other is more like "The reason you feel different from others is because your gender identity doesn't match your s​e​​x, so you have to make your s​​ex match your gender." That's aimed primarily at autistic people or people with other mental illnesses, and it's basically just eugenics.
Say whaat? I'm a super feminine cis woman and most people with ASD I know are comfortable with their gender...on what did u based this opinion?

farm

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 9:37 am
emi1812 wrote:

The holistic/wellness movement are the ones who are trying to rip you off and make money off of you, it’s not “big pharma.” (Ironically, they’re the ones doing exactly what people accuse “big pharma” of doing 😆)

👍🏻

Gold3

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 10:23 am
Kids with learning disabilities are often really smart.

Taking selfies is socially off.

Photographing the food you are eating and posting it on social media should warrant a full psychological examination

Aurora

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 10:25 am
1. Men can be just as capable as women when it comes to housework, or parenting their children.

2. A bunch of the single men in the Jewish dating circles are single for a reason. For some reason, I know so many more wonderful single women (yeshivish, hassidic, MO, Sepharadi, Mizrachi, etc, etc,) than young men for them to meet.
If you wouldn't date the guy, don't set him up with your friend. And don't tell a single person that someone will change after getting married.

3. The way someone dresses is not necessarily a guide as to how she keeps Shabbat, kashrut, and niddah.

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:40 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Say whaat? I'm a super feminine cis woman and most people with ASD I know are comfortable with their gender...on what did u based this opinion?

When did I say that people with ASD are uncomfortable with their gender?

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:43 am
That autistic people are overrepresented in the transgender-identifying population is not an opinion, it's a fact.

imorethanamother

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:55 am
Frum women wear all the diamonds all the time. It’s nuts. Who are you showing off to? At the very least, save it for shabbos. The grocery store owner doesn’t need to see your diamond tennis bracelet, diamond tennis necklace, multi carat diamond studs, engagement ring, eternity band, and diamond studded watch.

If you want the MOST unpopular opinion, I’ll say that buying extremely expensive jewelry is selfish. Hiding

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:59 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
That autistic people are overrepresented in the transgender-identifying population is not an opinion, it's a fact.

Well, for sure the nonbinary community--which they say is part of trans but it's totally not a thing, it's just girls who don't think they're like other girls. (How often do you hear of someone who looks male and identifies as NB? Very rarely.)
Page 23 of 27   Previous  1  2  3 22  23  24 25  26  27  Next Recent Topics