Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Kate Hudson has a minhag
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 10:29 am
celine dionne "S kid who is over 5 keeps his hair this way .

GAMZu

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 6:23 pm
Amongst Bukharian Sefardim it's becoming more and more common to let hair grow until 3. Because they're not all necessarily so observant, but very into some minhagim... so even though it's not their minhag, they still do it.

keegil

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 3:08 pm
its sad how we jews take our cues from holywood celebrity. I personally know people that DO not keep the minhag of not cutting till three, but would reconsider after hearing about kate hudson. Just like when katie holmes named her daughter (with tom cruise) suri, I know two people that named their kids sara and call suri, under this sorta influence. you would never see them call their daughter a heimish sounding name like suri, before that!

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 4:23 pm
He's 3 1/2 and doesn't want a haircut!!! He wants he wants a mohawk, a la Maddox Jolie-Pitt.

elf123

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 5:22 pm
amother wrote:
Yes ! her daddy is jewish
she was raised by her step dad
rock hudson-
I am sooooooooooooooo old that I remember her mom
from the show laugh in

and the movie butterflys are free

lila tov!
she sees her self as jewish

I guess I'm the only "pop-culture follower" who noticed this...ROCK HUDSON? No, he was never married to Goldie Hawn or Kate Hudson's stepfather...her real father is Bill Hudson, who was married to Goldie Hawn, and her stepfather is Kurt Russell.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 5:40 pm
Elf, if they're not married is he still a stepfather? Got to wonder what baggage she took into her own short lived marriage. (And is this lashon hara about a Jew? True, she's not observant but definitely a tinok shenishba.)

But about upsherin: A friend said that her son asked a noted NY posek about waiting as it wasn't his minhag but it was his whole community's and the rav said that his own grandchildren don't have their hair cut till three even though it's definitely not the family minhag because it's become such ingrained minhag hamakom.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 5:54 pm
Actually, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell's relationship has lasted longer than most marriages. They've been together forever, so I don't know that it sets a bad example. Goldie, in her youth, was rumored to be REALLY promiscuous, and now Kate seems to be changing boyfriends faster than I change underwear.

elf123

Post Sun, Jun 28 2009, 6:36 pm
fayge wrote:

But about upsherin: A friend said that her son asked a noted NY posek about waiting as it wasn't his minhag but it was his whole community's and the rav said that his own grandchildren don't have their hair cut till three even though it's definitely not the family minhag because it's become such ingrained minhag hamakom.

Interesting, b/c dh asked a REALLY noted NY posek who lives on the Lower East Side Wink and was told that it's a chassidish and sefardic minhag. He also said that his own father, a Gadol Hador who lived on the Lower East Side 8) cut his and his brother's (the sons') hair when they were one year old. That was good enough for us to cut our sons' hair and not wait!!!!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 8:42 am
Clarissa, true, but I still remember an interview with her in which she gave a reason for their not making legal. Not that they don't need the paperwork to prove their love, but something along the lines of giving each other pure freedom not to be tied down if they ever needed it. Guess they haven't.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics