Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Spinoff of "I don't want to let dd CIO"
Previous  1  2  3  4

gryp

Post Sun, May 15 2011, 1:17 pm
I've had a kid or two crying because their foot was stuck between the crib bars. Or because they needed a diaper change. Mostly because they're teething and tylenol hasn't done anything.

marina

Post Sun, May 15 2011, 3:34 pm
Quote:
I suppose I shouldn't knock the CIO method because I do have friends who have done it with their kids, been happy with the results, and their kids seem every bit as normal as anyone else's. So to each their own.

I could never do it though. What if the baby poops at 11:05 PM? That poor baby is going to be left to cry until it exhaustedly falls asleep in it's filth? Or what if the baby wakes up hungry at 2 AM? So what if the baby was full at 11 PM? Now at 2 AM the baby is hungry and miserable.

I understand the baby wont starve to death if it wakes hungry and has to wait a couple hours. I understand the baby wont contract a disease sleeping in a dirty diaper a few hours. But I personally could never feel good allowing this to happen when it could so easily be avoided. I'm s SAHM. Taking care of my children is my F/T job. I couldn't ignore them and feel justified.

Another main reason CIO can't start until 6-7 months of age is because that is when babies are old enough to sleep longer without a feeding. A 3 month old cannot go for more than 2-4 hours without food, but a 7 month old can be fine. As for the pooping baby... not really clear about what you are asking. My kids did not care if their diapers were wet or dirty, that did not affect their comfort level at all. As for hygiene, I don't think I would wake up a sleeping child just to change a diaper, would you?

newlymarried

Post Sun, May 15 2011, 4:12 pm
marina wrote:

Another main reason CIO can't start until 6-7 months of age is because that is when babies are old enough to sleep longer without a feeding. A 3 month old cannot go for more than 2-4 hours without food, but a 7 month old can be fine. As for the pooping baby... not really clear about what you are asking. My kids did not care if their diapers were wet or dirty, that did not affect their comfort level at all. As for hygiene, I don't think I would wake up a sleeping child just to change a diaper, would you?

My children both slept through the night at 6 weeks (for 6 hours) and no, I didn not let them CIO, in fact I would wake up every three hours to make sure they were still breathing!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics