Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Dh wants me to go to work
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jun 21 2018, 12:52 pm
I was working part time and now at age 52 increased my hours a lot - at a new job. I am so much more awake, fulfilled and feel better. Try bookkeeping if you're good with math - maybe you can build up in that area or computer programming - using excel, etc.

You can learn some things on line - but getting out of the house might be good for you. I was falling asleep all day at my old job - was afraid to take on more - but it's working!!!

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jun 21 2018, 2:48 pm
It’s my understanding that it can be very hard for a woman who is close to 60 and has never worked to find a job...

zaq

Post Thu, Jun 21 2018, 9:01 pm
It’s hard for anyone over 40 to find a job, esp.if the person has been out of the work force for many years. That’s why so many people start their own businesses. Still, there are some programs like Agudah’s COPE that train people and help with job placement. Your state labor dept. has some sort of job service that will help you figure out your interests, define your skills, prepare a resume and help with your job search. What they won’t do is drop the ideal job in your lap.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics