Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
S/o new mishpacha jr serial
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 9:15 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Amother chatreuse, there's a difference between 2 middle school and high school girls having an unhealthy relationship, to 2 adults having an unhealthy relationship. In a kids/teen magazine they should write about kids and teens.

Why?
Please explain to me the difference between a 16 year old and 20 year old.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 9:32 am
I really need to explain the difference between a 16 & 20 year old????
16 is a teen, 20 is an adult. The story is about an adult working kalla about to get married. Not a teenager.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 9:54 am
They could just as well be 18/19.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 9:59 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
16 is a teen, 20 is an adult. The story is about an adult working kalla about to get married. Not a teenager.

Okay, but what's the difference that make this story ONLY "ok" for 20 year old to read but not 16.

These things don't happen to 16 year olds?
The few 16 year olds that are pure are little children who need to have their mind far away from such "scary" concepts like manipulation, abuse, and unhealthy relationships?

Oh but it's okay to feed them stories about kidnapping, mafia, terrorist attacks, etc from the age of 8 or 9? Find me a Jr. serial that isn't about that stuff that I personally find WAY more scary.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 1:25 pm
Yup, I got sucked into unhealthy relationships with girls, teachers(and would seek them out) from as early as 12. Not lesbian. Unhealthy. Wish this had been addressed/talked about.
And while a nice article can be informative, the message is often better absorbed by teens when reading about a girl they can identify with, with no mussar or "this is what you should/shouldn't do."

ectomorph

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 2:03 pm
I don't care about age. Put it in the toddler section.

There should be a blurb at the end. This is an unhealthy relationship. If you feel it describes you seek help.

Otherwise it's just lesbian [filth].

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 2:33 pm
ectomorph wrote:

Happy Pride Week Mishpacha! Dancing

ectomorph

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 2:35 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
Happy Pride Week Mishpacha! Dancing

I wonder if some undercover otd person working at mishpacha snuck it in...

smile12345

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 2:44 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I don't care about age. Put it in the toddler section.

There should be a blurb at the end. This is an unhealthy relationship. If you feel it describes you seek help.

Your reaction is pretty strong for someone who didn't know anything about this serial before seeing the discussion here.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 2:45 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

And therefore??????
How does it change the plot or the lesson?

Can the jr have a story about a 13 year old or must that be in the teen section shock

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 2:58 pm
Maybe this should be a spin off...
But should I rip out that page b4 my 9 year old reads it? She’s an advanced reader, & often reads part of the adult magazines too. So far there’s never been anything I felt compelled enough to hide from her. She’s read this serial from the beginning. Better not make a big deal about it, or don’t let her continue? She’s always read the teen pages & would prob be upset /confused if I tore it out. Don’t want her to think even more deeply into it...
OTOH, hard for me to know where it’s headed & how bad it’s gonna get...
I can see it being appropriate for 14/15 year olds & up, but most of them aren’t reading the junior. (The teen pages are like 3 pages at the end of the junior.)

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:00 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Okay, but what's the difference that make this story ONLY "ok" for 20 year old to read but not 16.

These things don't happen to 16 year olds?
The few 16 year olds that are pure are little children who need to have their mind far away from such "scary" concepts like manipulation, abuse, and unhealthy relationships?

Oh but it's okay to feed them stories about kidnapping, mafia, terrorist attacks, etc from the age of 8 or 9? Find me a Jr. serial that isn't about that stuff that I personally find WAY more scary.

I hate those themes for little kids as well. Still prefer it to the intense emotional ones.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:02 pm
smile12345 wrote:
Your reaction is pretty strong for someone who didn't know anything about this serial before seeing the discussion here.

My reaction is about what you'd expect seeing lesbian pron in mishpacha

smile12345

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:06 pm
ectomorph wrote:

It's a pretty big jump from an unhealthy relationship to lesbian p-orn. Life isn't so black and white.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:10 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I wonder if some undercover otd person working at mishpacha snuck it in...

Snuck it in...seriously.
I don't think you people understand that it takes months to accept a simple article or short story, never the less a SERIAL. It goes to print 6 months after it's accepted too.

Like do you think someone just snuck it in a night before the printing?! Can't Believe It

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:15 pm
ectomorph wrote:

I'm totally with ectomorph here.
If you were a reader of fanfic you would catch the little tells in the language.
Well played secret undercover OTD Mishpacha employee, well played. Applause

ectomorph

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:18 pm
I can't fathom how innocent you have to be to imagine this isn't lesbian [filth]

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:22 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I can't fathom how innocent you have to be to imagine this isn't lesbian [filth]

This reminds me of how Victorian girls used to sleep together in the same bed and exchange rings in a ceremonial "friendship" wedding and society was all like "this is fine and normal and not at all s-xualized, nothing to see here"

smile12345

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:25 pm
ectomorph wrote:

Again, you yourself said that you haven't even read the serial at all, aside from the one instalment that was posted here.

I'm not sure how you're jumping to such drastic conclusions without even having bothered to read up on the entire story.

And I really sincerely hope that people (especially those in chinuch who deal with teens) aren't suspecting every real-life unhealthy relationship of being lesbian/gay. That would be a pretty damaging outlook to have.

smile12345

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:27 pm
And there's no private otd authors sneaking anything in.

Her name is there in black and white, and I'm sure she would be horrified of what you're accusing her of.
Page 4 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room