Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did Florida's Rabbis lift their ban for non residents
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 3:07 am
The link is old and it means no new rentals until April 30. The only way to rent before that is to rent by the month. Everyone rented for the month and the owners of the homes privately told them that they can leave earlier if they want.

But as far as I know the quarantine rule is over. When you drive down there no one stops you or takes down your information to make sure you quarantine so no one is breaking any rules. If Floridians don’t like it too bad.

But I guess the Jews of Florida can again go to the governor and cause another round of anti semitism by complaining about the New Yorkers coming to make sure the governor does make a rule. The whole quarantine rule came from the Jews. So sad to have so many self hating Jews.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 9:11 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
The link is old and it means no new rentals until April 30. The only way to rent before that is to rent by the month. Everyone rented for the month and the owners of the homes privately told them that they can leave earlier if they want.

But as far as I know the quarantine rule is over. When you drive down there no one stops you or takes down your information to make sure you quarantine so no one is breaking any rules. If Floridians don’t like it too bad.

But I guess the Jews of Florida can again go to the governor and cause another round of anti semitism by complaining about the New Yorkers coming to make sure the governor does make a rule. The whole quarantine rule came from the Jews. So sad to have so many self hating Jews.

100% right.

There were ppl from us, demanding De Blasio close schools, reporting minyanim, and screaming do this and that. Let the govt decide what they want us to do, and everyone follow for themselves.

Wait and see, there will still be evidence coming out than quarantine did more harm than good.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 10:15 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

Yes they do stop you when you drive to Florida. Someone I know drove this week from NY and they were asked for the address where they will be staying and told they must not leave for 14 days

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 10:26 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Ha! Now is the most cost effective time to go.
Tickets below $20 and villas at half price.
The person I know who went has self quarantined since forever due to her child's condition. The apartment she's in is awful for the child's condition and I fargin her all the sunshine she's getting.
Shes quarantining on her own in a villa.
She had to report where she's staying and was given notice that she may be fined and imprisoned if she violates the quarantine.
She is planning to stay put, believe me.
I don't believe she is bringing anything to FL any more than the airwaves are.

Wow! Thanks for the heads-up! Where can I get tickets for under $20??? I'm coming!

All joking aside, I personally don't know anyone who has gone to Florida. Maybe not in my circles. But it's seriously tempting, and I even looked up tickets just for the fun of it. Nothing at prices cheaper than I've seen before.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:28 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Yes they do stop you when you drive to Florida. Someone I know drove this week from NY and they were asked for the address where they will be staying and told they must not leave for 14 days

Really I know six people who drove down and none were stopped.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:41 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

To Orlando or Miami?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:42 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

Yesterday I went through a red light. No one stopped me and I didn’t get a fine. It must be legal to go through red lights

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:43 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
100% right.

There were ppl from us, demanding De Blasio close schools, reporting minyanim, and screaming do this and that. Let the govt decide what they want us to do, and everyone follow for themselves.

Wait and see, there will still be evidence coming out than quarantine did more harm than good.

Yes. The most serious consequence of quarantine was that New Yorkers couldn’t come to FL.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:48 am
Florida is still collecting info when getting off planes. I don’t lelieve the rules changed.
But they are not enforcing things or checking up.
There was an article recently that ppl just forged names or wrote illegibly or didn’t give in the forms. So a lot is falling through the cracks.

This is the order.
https://www.flgov.com/wp-conte.....0.pdf
It was not lifted. Just not enforced.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:48 am
Whether you fly or drive, you have a very very high chance of picking up the germs (or spreading them, if you carry it). I think you have to be crazy to go on an airplane now except for a true emergency situation. Airports and planes are hotspots for breeding and spreading germs even in the best of times. Whether or not you and everyone else is wearing a mask. Not much better than a cruise ship, and nobody is going to doing that either for a good long time

And if you are driving, I don't believe you didn't stop anywhere along the way (20 hr or so drive) ESPECIALLY if you are coming with kids. Don't tell me you only stopped at the side of the road for bathrooms. I don't believe it. And anyway for long parts of the drive there isn't anywhere to pull over anyway.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 12:59 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Yes. The most serious consequence of quarantine was that New Yorkers couldn’t come to FL.

You really are missing the point Rolling Eyes

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:02 pm
The governor of Florida is lifting the stay at home order as of tomorrow. So please stop trying to scare people. People are allowed to go to Florida stop spreading the lies.

If you
Don’t like it and live there too bad you can go to the governor again and cause more anti semitism if that makes you happy. But it still won’t protect you

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:46 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
The governor of Florida is lifting the stay at home order as of tomorrow. So please stop trying to scare people. People are allowed to go to Florida stop spreading the lies.

If you
Don’t like it and live there too bad you can go to the governor again and cause more anti semitism if that makes you happy. But it still won’t protect you

Not that you care - but it doesn’t apply to Dade, Broward or Palm beach.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 9:11 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Not that you care - but it doesn’t apply to Dade, Broward or Palm beach.

We are getting somewhere you are finally admitting that the governor is lifting the ban.

Beaches in Florida are open life is much better there what is wrong if someone wants to enjoy the sun also.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 9:15 pm
This thread is making me really mad at New Yorkers and their selfishness. For some reason every other community is managing to have some level of majority compliance and the virus is not spreading like crazy and NY people want to follow the rules when it suits them and spread it to the rest of us.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 9:31 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
This thread is making me really mad at New Yorkers and their selfishness. For some reason every other community is managing to have some level of majority compliance and the virus is not spreading like crazy and NY people want to follow the rules when it suits them and spread it to the rest of us.

This thread makes me mad at Floridians how selfish they are that people live on fifth floor with six kids in two bedroom apartment and now they are stuck at home all day with their kids and you can’t fargin them the sun and a private house with a pool that you had to go to governor to complain about other Jews to make a rule to try to ban Jews from coming.

How selfish can you be be happy you live nicely all year.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 9:34 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
This thread makes me mad at Floridians how selfish they are that people live on fifth floor with six kids in two bedroom apartment and now they are stuck at home all day with their kids and you can’t fargin them the sun and a private house with a pool that you had to go to governor to complain about other Jews to make a rule to try to ban Jews from coming.

How selfish can you be be happy you live nicely all year.

the FL Jews went to the governor to complain about NY Jews?

Did this happen?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 10:37 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
the FL Jews went to the governor to complain about NY Jews?

Did this happen?

Yes it did. That’s how this whole quarantine business came out in the first place.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 10:38 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Yes it did. That’s how this whole quarantine business came out in the first place.

Can you share something on that?

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 1:53 am
What’s there to share Floridians we’re trying to get New Yorkers not to come for pesach and New Yorkers said give us back our money on the homes and the Floridians answered that at a time of emergency like this you shouldn’t care about your money. Then they threatened and said that it’s illegal to come to Florida and any Jews that come down for pesach the mayor will arrest them. That was laughed off because New Yorkers said it wouldn’t be good for Florida to make enemies. But some Jewish heads went to governor to figure out a way to keep the New Yorkers out and they came up with force then to quarantine.

This is a really short version of the story.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics