Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Frum styles you hate
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

carrot

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 4:13 am
zigi wrote:
I also don't like the washed out pinks. I like a pure bubble gum pink. I like gap factory over gap for the brighter colors. my teen daughter likes more colorful clothes. she winds up in a lot of black and white because she can't find the brighter colors.
I hate the 3 snaps in the back it does look cute but it is hard to change. I love the zippers that start at the foot. very easy to change

Some people look good in more muted colors, some in brighter colors or with more contrast. I never thought of this as a frum thing, though often cheaper brands come in brighter colors only--I heard once those dyes or fabric are cheaper to produce.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 4:27 am
carrot wrote:
Some people look good in more muted colors, some in brighter colors or with more contrast. I never thought of this as a frum thing, though often cheaper brands come in brighter colors only--I heard once those dyes or fabric are cheaper to produce.

For me it's a tznius thing not to wear bright colors. Almost all my clothes are black / navy / maroon / dark purple

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 5:18 am
Because our community is way too small to see this at large, but to me, all the girls look the same with the same skirts from Accessory World and those hairbands or bows. I love to see the frum parade always

PeanutMama

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 8:06 am
I so wish there were more colors available to choose from that I would look good in! I look great in blush pink not that dead pink flower pink...emerald green instead of this weird old avocado color
Blue that’s not navy blue...
Hate that weird coral color and I have yet to find a mustard colored top...
All my skirts are black Sad
I end up with blacks all the time

watergirl

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 8:07 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I so wish there were more colors available to choose from that I would look good in! I look great in blush pink not that dead pink flower pink...emerald green instead of this weird old avocado color
Blue that’s not navy blue...
Hate that weird coral color and I have yet to find a mustard colored top...
All my skirts are black Sad
I end up with blacks all the time

There are more colors! Go shopping outside BP.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 8:10 am
I also hate the girlish look on baby boys clothing. I want blue yellow orange brown green etc not just this ugly ugly ugly blue and gray outfits.
I always shop at carters for that reason.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 8:11 am
watergirl wrote:
There are more colors! Go shopping outside BP.

Hehe thanks flatbush it is

Liora20

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 8:54 am
I actually like most frum styles (at least for adult women... the kids clothes, not so much), but I hate the price tag. I would actually buy most of the stereotypical "frum" outfits if only I could afford them!

IYH this should be my biggest problem... gut shabbos everyone Very Happy

juggling

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 9:21 am
SixOfWands wrote:

Sleeveless dresses for winter. No. It’s winter. I want sleeves. And if you’re in a chunky knit sweater, good chance your kid needs sleeves too.

I don't think this is a frum thing, at all. I find childrens' place has mostly sleeveless dresses for winter, and I hate it!

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 9:27 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
For me it's a tznius thing not to wear bright colors. Almost all my clothes are black / navy / maroon / dark purple

There's a difference between bright and light

SixOfWands

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 9:32 am
juggling wrote:
I don't think this is a frum thing, at all. I find childrens' place has mostly sleeveless dresses for winter, and I hate it!

Yeah, I slipped in some things I hated from outside the frum world as well.

Petra

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 10:34 am
I don't think this is a thing anymore but it was recently. Maybe still is, who knows.

Girls and young women wearing the slip on flats with big bows on the front. Reminds me of clown shoes.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 10:46 am
I can't stand the frum store kids shoes that have thick puffy fur all around the heel part. It looks like slippers at best. Cam someone please explain that to me ?

amother
Wine

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 10:47 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:

maybe clarify this with your LOR.

aliavi

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 11:39 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
maybe clarify this with your LOR.

It’s a thing. It’s well taught that bright colors attract attention. Don’t suggest she doesn’t know what’s right for HER. We don’t need a bash of lifestyle on this thread too.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 11:45 am
sky wrote:
Just cause I don’t like it doesn’t mean I don’t do it. That applies to a few things on my list.
I also wear a lot of black. Hides flaws. Easy to wear and keep clean. Easily looks elegant. Harder to mess the look up.
One of my coworkers thought I only wear it for religious reason.
I still don’t like it. My mother doesn’t own a black summer skirt. Says it’s not an appropriate color. I love that!

I hate that you go to a summer wedding and 90% are wearing black and the other 9% is wearing white. But I do it too.

My coworker asked me if I have to wear black for religious reasons on Friday’s 😂 (I always wear a black slinky skirt on Friday’s.) I told her it’s like my equivalent of jeans (which a lot of my coworkers wear on Friday’s.)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 11:46 am
I HATE the luxury brand name knock offs.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 11:53 am
I dont like the boring baby clothes, like a solid color stretchie sold for a crazy amount of money
And for the older kids solid potato sack dresses
Maybe a shape or stripe on it. Boring

I dont like the romper bloomer thing people put on boys in the winter! With knee socks
Or toddlers wearing long sleeves with a bloomer. Literally looks like forgot to put pants on

I dont like boys in leggings. Looks like they left the house in tights. Dont know what's worse, a 5 yr old in leggings or a 2 yr old with a sagging diaper in leggings

I dont like 2 peice ribbed sets. Looks like pajamas.

sky

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 12:15 pm
aliavi wrote:
It’s a thing. It’s well taught that bright colors attract attention. Don’t suggest she doesn’t know what’s right for HER. We don’t need a bash of lifestyle on this thread too.

There was a tzinius asifa once in Lakewood - the speaker said you should not wear red. And she added the rav who looks over my notes asked me to clarify so he doesn’t get 100s of calls - it means fire engine red - not pink and not light red. And doesn’t apply to small parts of red. Only solid garment of fire engine red.

I realize there are differences of opinion but in past generations women wore so much color. Look at wedding videos from the 70s, 80s and even the 90s women only wore beautiful colored dresses. This includes Rebbetzin’s. No one would dream of wearing black, grey or white.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 1:29 pm
Why? The frum styles for babies are so cute now
I dont like clothes that are too busy/too much going on. I like it clean and simple. Maybe a little design is fine but I dont like too much collars and ruffles and lace...
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics