Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Brooklynites more rude than others?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 7:01 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I grew up in Brooklyn and still live here. I would not move anywhere else. I love the privacy I have, the choices of shopping venues and shuls, and most of all, I love how there are so many different types of people living here. Plus the chesed is off the charts and an assortment of shiurim is readily available. It is a great place to live. Anyone who feels that Brooklynites are not friendly are the ones with the chip on their shoulder and insecure. And yes I am sick of all the Brooklyn bashing!

Same here!!!

gold21

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 7:01 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I grew up in Brooklyn and still live here. I would not move anywhere else. I love the privacy I have, the choices of shopping venues and shuls, and most of all, I love how there are so many different types of people living here. Plus the chesed is off the charts and an assortment of shiurim is readily available. It is a great place to live. Anyone who feels that Brooklynites are not friendly are the ones with the chip on their shoulder and insecure. And yes I am sick of all the Brooklyn bashing!

Do you have family living nearby?

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 8:45 pm
They are clueless.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 8:51 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Spoken like a true New Yorker!!! (If which which I am too)

FYI: wishing someone good shabbos isn’t rude

In Williamsburg it is usually a reprimanding that someone is carrying on Shabbos, if a stranger greets you Git Shabbos.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 8:59 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Im chassidish from brooklyn and went to an out of town sleepaway camp and always felt extremely judged by everyone else. "Oh your chassidish? You sooo dont look the type!! does your mother wear a shpitzel and seams and shaves her head?? etc etc" Umm nooo my mother does not wear/do any of that and thank you very much I was thinking I was going to an OOT open minded camp!!

Out of towners think that chassidish are some creatures that come from Mars. We recently got new neighbors from out of town. Don't ask me why they moved to a chassidish neighborhood. The day after they moved their 8 year old was playing with my kids and commented "oh you're chassidish?? Chassidish are so dumb! My father says chassidish are dumb geniuses!" This is coming from the mouth of an 8 year old!! That she heard from her father!! From "open minded friendly" out of town! We were flabbergasted. Needless to say, no one on the block like that family very much. I find that chassidish are more tolerant to non chassidish than the other way around.

mamma llama

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:50 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Out of towners think that chassidish are some creatures that come from Mars. We recently got new neighbors from out of town. Don't ask me why they moved to a chassidish neighborhood. The day after they moved their 8 year old was playing with my kids and commented "oh you're chassidish?? Chassidish are so dumb! My father says chassidish are dumb geniuses!" This is coming from the mouth of an 8 year old!! That she heard from her father!! From "open minded friendly" out of town! We were flabbergasted. Needless to say, no one on the block like that family very much. I find that chassidish are more tolerant to non chassidish than the other way around.

It seems weird to say "dumb geniuses"... I wonder if the kid misunderstood his father who really said "chassidish are some geniuses!" in a positive light - especially considering they chose to move to a chassidish neighborhood. Scratching Head

amother
Red

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 1:11 am
Stereotyping out-of-towners makes even less sense, though, because out of town isn't even a place.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries