Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o Foods that you grew up with and are no longer around
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:10 pm
ok, lemon heads used to be kosher. recently I was pregnant and craving them so bad. I sent my husband to the store and he said they weren't kosher. Pale

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:56 pm
Twerpz!

BeHappy!

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:59 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Who remembers the J&J orange drinks that came in a small cardboard carton? I used to take them on every trip. Ahhh the memnories!

OMG! Yum!! I loved those!

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 2:01 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
ok, lemon heads used to be kosher. recently I was pregnant and craving them so bad. I sent my husband to the store and he said they weren't kosher. Pale

Last year they were already not kosher, but Dollar Tree had kosher Lemonhead candy canes.

mochamix18

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 2:14 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
What foods did you grow up with that are no longer around or are no longer Kosher?

The only thing that I can think of offhand is Mocha Mix, which, growing up OOT in the 90s, was THE Parve ice cream available. No idea if it's still around but I haven't seen it in years.

Did someone say Mochamix?! 😂

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 3:14 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Creamsicles were my fave! I tried making a copy at home as a dessert but it doesn’t come close.

Found twizzlers in creamsicle flavor this summer in Walmart

giselle

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 3:43 pm
Chayalle wrote:

Also, definitely dream cups. The milk-chocolate coconut ones, please.

Weren’t they filled with marshmallow fluff? Or is my memory going...

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 5:28 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Oh, and is reliably kosher marmite available in the US? Believe me, I'm asking for a friend.

https://www.amazon.com/Marmite.....IOOYY

yersp

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 5:34 pm
Talking about creamsicles (don't know how it's spelled) I'm reminded of fudgsicles (again not sure how it's spelled!)
Kleins or mehadrin made it with a pink wrapper on a stick. Then Tofutti made it but it wasn't the same and now there's neither...

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 5:39 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Creamsicles were my fave! I tried making a copy at home as a dessert but it doesn’t come close.

I was waiting for someone to mention creamsicles. I really miss them. They were my favorite ice cream.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 6:47 pm
Anyone remember Postum?

naomi2

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 7:02 pm
I remember eating candies we called "meat candies" because they kind of looked like a raw steak. It was a small oval hard candy with red, orange, and yellow sections divided by white lines. Anyone remember those?

GOODMOM

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 7:14 pm
I remember the glass bottle shpritz seltzer. My bubby used to keep it outside in the hallway , we had a field day spritzing seltzer on the floor.

tichellady

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 7:30 pm
Kosher bison

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 7:31 pm
Toblerone. Seriously the best Swiss chocolate that was on the list years ago, alas no more Crying

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 7:51 pm
Pasta with tomato sauce in a can. I forget what they were called. They were kosher in the early 80s. I used to love them.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 8:00 pm
TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:
Pasta with tomato sauce in a can. I forget what they were called. They were kosher in the early 80s. I used to love them.

Buitoni! Yes! The closest we had to spaghetti-o's. I had a tomato soup that tasted similarly recently, and it took me right back.

momof2+?

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 8:28 pm
candies wrote:
From a torontonian: Ruffles all dress chips used to be cor now they are chalav stam. Miss them! Nothing compares! Also beef knishes from perls. Miss them tons!

If I remember correctly, the chips aren't actually dairy. The hechsher doesn't differentiate between D and DE anymore, so it says D, but it doesnt have any dairy ingredients. if you eat DE you can have them...

I know this because my sister-in-law spoke with a representative of that hechsher.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 8:34 pm
Do they still make Sunkist Jellies, the real ones? Those were a special treat my grandmother used to send us packages every so often and there was always a box of Sunkist Jellies . I’d take a few to school and keep it on my tongue in the middle of class until the sugar dissolved and then I’d suck the smooth jelly for a long time.

mommyla

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 8:43 pm
Ooh, so many of these! Chew Chews, Now & Laters, Starbursts, Bugles, Dunkaroos! How about root beer barrels? Yum. And butterscotch candies.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics