Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
No money for new clothes
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 4:37 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
I think most people can think of several people/families they know, or know someone who knows someone who can use the help

I am not so sure.

We need help. No one would ever know.

I think one can safely assume most middle class families are struggling.

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 4:42 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
I am not so sure.

We need help. No one would ever know.

I think one can safely assume most middle class families are struggling.

I didn’t say it’s always obvious when someone is struggling

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 4:44 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
I didn’t say it’s always obvious when someone is struggling

Right so what I'm trying to say is if everyone only focuses on the people who they know who need help people who don't look like they need will be missed

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 4:50 pm
Right so what I'm trying to say is if everyone only focuses on the people who they know who need help people who don't look like they need will be missed

And how do you suggest people who don’t look like they need help should be helped?

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 4:55 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
And how do you suggest people who don’t look like they need help should be helped?

Any middle class family can use help these days. Don't only reach out to help those who look really poor.

I don't mean this to you specifically just responding to the question. I am blown away by the chesed here and not telling anyone how or where to give their money. The chesed is insurmountable.

But I was just trying to clarify that if one is specifically looking for someone to help they can go to the middle class too, not only who they know is poor.

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 5:00 pm
Any middle class family can use help these days. Don't only reach out to help those who look really poor.

I don't mean this to you specifically just responding to the question. I am blown away by the chesed here and not telling anyone how or where to give their money. The chesed is insurmountable.

But I was just trying to clarify that if one is specifically looking for someone to help they can go to the middle class too, not only who they know is poor.

100% I never used the word “poor” just “can use the help”. Like, you have some inkling that they can use the help.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 5:10 pm
Strange I didn't get it though. Maybe it takes a while to come through?
did your gift card arrive?

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 5:13 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
100% I never used the word “poor” just “can use the help”. Like, you have some inkling that they can use the help.

But how would you have that inkling??

Like people would look at us and have no inkling.

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 5:13 pm
amother Daylily wrote:
did your gift card arrive?

No. Strange.

Your chesed is amazing. I'm so excited to receive it when it comes.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 5:18 pm
No. Strange.

Your chesed is amazing. I'm so excited to receive it when it comes.
mine didn't either. Hopefully it'll arrive soon. I'm also really excited and looking forward to it!

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 5:36 pm
Maybe people that have clothes in your DD sizes or any child can send you a package thru the mail with clothing they are getting rid of. Can anyone work on that? It's great to do it now before school and yomtov.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 5:36 pm
I would appreciate a gift card as well
I have 3 kids that need stuff
suchachessed@gmail.com

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 5:40 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Maybe people that have clothes in your DD sizes or any child can send you a package thru the mail with clothing they are getting rid of. Can anyone work on that? It's great to do it now before school and yomtov.

I would love that!

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 6:02 pm
Was going to post my email address earlier today, and ask if anyone can possibly purchase a gift card at a uniform store. B"H we went to a uniform gemach, and were very successful! If anyone is available to help us out with shopping for Shabbos clothes in any which way; we would be so grateful!

We are usually very successful at Junees, as they have a wide range of sizes.

Thank you & Tizku Lmitvos!

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 7:39 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
So agree. This is the 1st time I seriously need help with expenses. Never shopped fancy, still don't and need so much money for basics. Uniforms is on my list thus week...but how??? Wish there was a fund to help with that.

Do you have a uniform Gemach where you live?

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 8:08 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
Do you have a uniform Gemach where you live?

Yes, but doesn't have all that we need and I have a few girls kah.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 8:23 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
So agree. This is the 1st time I seriously need help with expenses. Never shopped fancy, still don't and need so much money for basics. Uniforms is on my list thus week...but how??? Wish there was a fund to help with that.

Does your girls school have a gemach?

ETA I see I cross posted with a few others with the same question

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 8:23 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
Yes, but doesn't have all that we need and I have a few girls kah.

Same. Gmach is great but it doesnt always have everything. I get you. I put the rest on the credit card sadly. One DD has skirts left from last year so she only needed sweaters (she wears them every day so I bought 2) . Other DD had no skirts but found a sweater at the gmach so I got her a skirt. She had one from last year that wasn't too short. So I bought two sweaters and a skirt. THe tops I get at old navy. Its still an expense but I usually have credit card points.
So anyways, I feel you

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 8:35 pm
Same. Gmach is great but it doesnt always have everything. I get you. I put the rest on the credit card sadly. One DD has skirts left from last year so she only needed sweaters (she wears them every day so I bought 2) . Other DD had no skirts but found a sweater at the gmach so I got her a skirt. She had one from last year that wasn't too short. So I bought two sweaters and a skirt. THe tops I get at old navy. Its still an expense but I usually have credit card points.
So anyways, I feel you

And our shirts have to be bought at the uniform store and they are so expensive and get really ruined by years end. Hard to find nice ones in the store. I buy so sparingly 2 skirts and 3 shirts per girl and sweaters only for those who wear them often and (including hand me downs) my bill cam he 500 +.

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 8:45 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
And our shirts have to be bought at the uniform store and they are so expensive and get really ruined by years end. Hard to find nice ones in the store. I buy so sparingly 2 skirts and 3 shirts per girl and sweaters only for those who wear them often and (including hand me downs) my bill cam he 500 +.

Totally hear you. It's a huge expense. Just FYI as a kid my mother always got from a gmach and I hated it I always felt different. So you are doing a good thing, even if it's a huge expense. It's important for girls to feel good in what they wear
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics