Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
So what are we getting for DH this time?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

BinahYeteirah

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 11:07 am
For the man who has everything:

http://www.eichlers.com/Produc......html

I'm not getting dh anything. Kids will get gelt and a few little Chanukah trinkets I picked up on sale last year (dreidel-shaped crayons, beeswax candle kits, & stickers).

Ronit

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 11:09 am
BinahYeteirah wrote:

I'm not getting dh anything. Kids will get gelt and a few little Chanukah trinkets I picked up on sale last year (dreidel-shaped crayons, beeswax candle kits, & stickers).
Ahem

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 11:09 am
I got the cheapest Ipod that wasn't a shuffle.

Rochelly

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 11:10 am
JudyJudith wrote:
BinahYeteirah wrote:

Ahem

Rolling Laughter

Ronit

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 11:12 am
chocolate moose wrote:

What do you mean by that? where'd you buy it?

im here!

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 11:13 am
BinahYeteirah wrote:

I dont think I have to pay that kind of money for this, I can create a gold one on my own!!!

ESB

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 11:34 am
mamele wrote:
BinahYeteirah wrote:

I dont think I have to pay that kind of money for this, I can create a gold one on my own!!!

lol me too!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 11:52 am
JudyJudith wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

What do you mean by that? where'd you buy it?

I bought at J and R. I work in Lower Manhattan. The salespeople there are very knowledgeable.

Ronit

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 2:34 pm
thanks

freshie

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 2:38 pm
BinahYeteirah wrote:

are you serious?? did you see the price?

Ronit

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 2:40 pm
freshie wrote:
BinahYeteirah wrote:

I'm sure she's kidding.

Shmerling

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 3:10 pm
OMG Twizzler, I totally have to get that belt for my DH. At the end of each shabbos meal his belt is open and sometimes his pants button too! (I DARED him to do that when we're guests!! Twisted Evil )

And he would get such a kick out of the name 'cholent belt'! He would totally not be insulted, H"Y.

MidwestMommy

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 5:17 pm
Once I got DH a wine bottle opener that came in a fancy box and had his name engraved on it. He really liked that! He sits at a desk most of the day, so for his bday last year I got him one of those massage things that you attach to a chair. Hmm what else... oh a personalized mousepad for his new computer- you can really personalize anything these days and a lot of those things make good gifts. Check out www.personalizationmall.com for ideas. Smile

shiradye

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 5:22 pm
Judy, if you are interested, I have an iriver MP3 and I listen to shiurim all day on it (no, I'm not selling it).
Sansa also makes a decent model of MP3 player. Sounds like a good idea for you!

BTW, when I bought DH the toolbox, he had his tools in some boxes in the closet and they were not very aesthetic. This was a toolbox the size of 2 filing boxes and it fit his drill, hammer, screwdrivers, screws, etc.

Ronit

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 9:47 pm
shiradye wrote:
Judy, if you are interested, I have an iriver MP3 and I listen to shiurim all day on it (no, I'm not selling it).

BTW, when I bought DH the toolbox, he had his tools in some boxes in the closet and they were not very aesthetic. This was a toolbox the size of 2 filing boxes and it fit his drill, hammer, screwdrivers, screws, etc.
Yes I was looking at the one they had on special today at j&r online.

I showed it to s/o who discouraged me from buying it because it didn't have enough memory. Also he said that it will become expensive, because of the battery it runs on.

Can you post a link please for what you have?

TIA

jewels

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 10:06 pm
JudyJudith wrote:
shiradye wrote:

Yes I was looking at the one they had on special today at j&r online.

I showed it to s/o who discouraged me from buying it because it didn't have enough memory. Also he said that it will become expensive, because of the battery it runs on.

Can you post a link please for what you have?

TIA

Judy, I have the ipod but my nephew and my mother both have the 8GB sansa and they love it. Has alot of memory and the battery has a 15 hour life and is rechargeable.
http://www.sandisk.com/product......aspx

RightOnTarget

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 10:39 pm
I got my dh a digital picture frame for his office desk this Chanuka.

I'm working on setting up a slide show with pictures of the kids and family photos with pretty borders and adding words to them.

He is at work for the most part of the day and sometimes asks me to text or email him a picture during the day..So I'm hoping he would like it...

BinahYeteirah

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 1:05 am
JudyJudith wrote:
freshie wrote:
BinahYeteirah wrote:

I'm sure she's kidding.

Yes, I'm kidding. LOL I don't know, I figured since everybody's husbands have everything, there might be some high rollers here who could use the suggestion. I especially like that the Eichler's website gives you the option to send this item to "multipule recipients". Isn't that great? You can have one of these sent to each of you buddies with a simple click of your mouse.

Ronit

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 10:45 am

Look what I made with the scraps in my house. LOL

I hope dh doesn't think it's to girlish. I was thinking of stitching on s/t so that it's obvious that it's for fixing/tools. Any quotes?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 10:56 am
Print out that pic and write a note on the back as the "card" and he'll figure it out Smile
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics