Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
No time for Excersize.

chaikikicahi

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 3:04 am
I have a 10 week old and have started dieting to lose 25 lbs. the problem is I have no time to excersize and if at night some times I do, im just to exhausted.

ganizzy

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 3:59 am
I started doing kathy kaehler videos. her moves are pretty basic, great for begginers.

she has a few different videos but 2 of them that I have have are broken into segments so u can do a little at a time.

one of them is 6 - 10 minute workouts
warm up
cardio
cardio 2
abs
thighs
core
s/t like that

the other is 7 - 5 minute segments
warm up
cardio
arms
bottom
abs
legs
stretch/cool down

you can do one or as many segments as u want at a time, or u can spread them out throughout the day.
I bought them for very cheap from ebay and amazon

another option is the videos on sparkpeople.com, theyre free and they have alot of short videos

so it may be easier knowing u are only going to excersize for 5 - 10 minutes and not need to find a full 1/2 hr or hr of the day.

another thing is that u can exersize with ur baby. when shes crying do knee bends or calf raises. when u want to entertain her do some jumping jacks or dancing.

or set small goals, like try to do 50 turns of jumprope 3 x a week. on the other days do 5 minutes of some squats, lunges, crunches and grab 2 cans of tomatoe sauce and do some arm curls and stuff.

or at night take ur baby and go walking with dh - the fresh air will wake u up

Flowerpot

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 8:01 am
If u have time for imamother than u have time for excersising. We have time for what we make time.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 10:28 am
Until the baby is older and both of you can sleep more, you should try exercises that won't exhaust you, like pilates from a dvd, and weight training - light weights, a lot of reps.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 10:32 am
Walking is easy to do, so is lying down and sitting up.

chaikikicahi

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 9:48 pm
excuse me flowerpot but I have time for imamother cuz I can hold my baby the same time I sit at the computer but I cant excersize holding him and he makes me hold him all the time!

Blue jay

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 9:55 pm
Jump rope for 10 minutes! Keeps me Limber!

Also try the weight watchers points System, its been working for me

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 10:53 am
you can hold the baby while you walk on a treadmill or use an ellitica or bike. it's probably going to add to the workout, too !!!

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 10:57 am
You can incorporate exercise with housecleaning; take big strides when washing the floor, big sweeping hand motions to clean counters and cabinets, when washing dishes move up and down on your toes.

Somewhere there is an exercise program based on housecleaning. I'll try and find it later.

louche

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 9:59 am
Forget Pilates. forget cardio, forget weights, forget karate and yoga and all the other fancy buzzwords of the day. Simplify your life. Pop that baby in the carriage and go outside for some fresh air and sun and quality time during which you will also walk your toches off. Literally.

If you can manage 30 minutes a day, super. If not, something is better than nothing. It doesn't have to be all at once. 3 sessions of 10 minutes each is just as good. It took you 9 months to gain that weight, expect it to take some time to take it off. If you're nursing, at least some of that fat is necessary for the process, so don't try to take off too much too soon.

Marz613

Post Fri, Dec 25 2009, 2:33 am
walk around your house for 30 minutes a day, or take the baby on a walk in the stroller!

debsey

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 12:47 pm
Have you tried wearing your baby on the elliptical? I used to nurse, change baby, strap him in a snugli, and then go on my elliptical. Generally worked just fine and the motion kept the baby really happy (I had dh put up a full length mirror in the exercise rm cuz once or twice I was scared I lost the baby, he was so quiet!) Once, I THOUGHT I was sweating, till I unstrapped my peacefully sleeping baby and found "you know what" dripping all down my back......
But usually, that worked fine. My babies love snuglis, but as I don't live in a town where snugli wearing is usual, I generally just use it around the house.
Deb
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise