Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Love is blind
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 5:06 pm
I was talking to my husband tonight and telling him how I really want to start to walk for exercise as I know that I have put on quite a bit of weight. and he agreed that it was a good idea but he told me that he did not notice that I put on any weight. and so I asked him "you mean you did not notice that I gained about 20 pounds or so?" and he told me that nope he really did not notice.

well, I guess love is blind.

how I wish that it would not have been so blind b/c if my husband would have made some mention to me about my weight gain, I might have done something sooner. I was not even paying attention to my weight gain. oy. (I am not in any way blaming my husband, just a sort of oy thread, thats all)

shiradye

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 5:32 pm
Consider yourself blessed! If DH cared, you'd be "forced" to lose weight even though you may not have been ready to do so. Happy Walking!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 5:47 pm
I've been 20 lbs heavier and dh does not say too much, even now that I've lost it and keep it off.

love isn't blind - it's tactful.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 5:49 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I've been 20 lbs heavier and dh does not say too much, even now that I've lost it and keep it off.

excuuuse me but my husband told me that he did not realize and I then said to him, oh, you were just being nice and not saying anything and he said "nope, I really did not notice" so why would that be tactful? he really did not notice.

its like not noticing something about someone whom you see every single day, its very possible.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 9:41 pm
Uh......I'm sure you will have this conversation in a few years and things will be made clear to you.

I told dh about this as he cleaned the menorah and he laughed.

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 9:45 pm
Could be
- he noticed but doesn't care/ doesn't mind more of you to love
- he noticed but doesn't want you to hassle him about his spare tire.

Among other could bes.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 1:31 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Uh......I'm sure you will have this conversation in a few years and things will be made clear to you.

I told dh about this as he cleaned the menorah and he laughed.
I am the OP. can you please explain what you wrote? what do you mean ill have a conversation in a few years and it will be made clear?

octopus

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 1:43 am
honestly, I don't think a lot of men notice 20 lbs.
But they notice more than that.

chatz

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 12:10 pm
Just appreciate him! At least you're not starting a thread venting about how DH doesn't love me anymore bec I've gained weight or DH told me I was fat etc etc.

Either he noticed or didn't notice. What

btw, walking isn't just good for exercise.. It's a great opportunity to spend time with DH (if your schedules allow it).

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 2:02 pm
chatz wrote:
Just appreciate him! At least you're not starting a thread venting about how DH doesn't love me anymore bec I've gained weight or DH told me I was fat etc etc.

Either he noticed or didn't notice. What

btw, walking isn't just good for exercise.. It's a great opportunity to spend time with DH (if your schedules allow it).
Sad I wish. in order for me to be able to walk at all, I have to wait until my DH comes home from work and he takes care of the baby (supper and bath) and then he leaves for his nightly gym time too.
but BH I actually did it tonight, so maybe it will be a start in the right direction.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:
Sad I wish. in order for me to be able to walk at all, I have to wait until my DH comes home from work and he takes care of the baby (supper and bath) and then he leaves for his nightly gym time too.
but BH I actually did it tonight, so maybe it will be a start in the right direction.

take your baby and go walking - don't make excuses to wait for him - or anybody else ... do it for yourself - and make the time ... (I know easier said then done)

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 2:51 pm
love can be tactful as moosey says ... and I like that saying cause it means we have enough sense to know that real love is not based on body size but a relationship from the heart ...

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 2:54 pm
greenfire wrote:
amother wrote:

take your baby and go walking - don't make excuses to wait for him - or anybody else ... do it for yourself - and make the time ... (I know easier said then done)
I cant, she is at that age where taking her in the pram would be futile ("mommy out, wanna walk") and without the pram I would go at a snails pace, but I did start a bit today, so we shall see.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 2:55 pm
greenfire wrote:
love can be tactful as moosey says ... and I like that saying cause it means we have enough sense to know that real love is not based on body size but a relationship from the heart ...
thank you grrenfire, I needed to hear that just now.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 3:20 pm
amother wrote:
in order for me to be able to walk at all, I have to wait until my DH comes home from work and he takes care of the baby (supper and bath) and then he leaves for his nightly gym time too.

you can join a gym with babysitting, you know.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 4:22 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
amother wrote:
in order for me to be able to walk at all, I have to wait until my DH comes home from work and he takes care of the baby (supper and bath) and then he leaves for his nightly gym time too.

I am not going to do that. it is money (while walking is free) and I hate exercising in front of other people.

KAlex

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 4:26 pm
amother wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
amother wrote:

I am not going to do that. it is money (while walking is free) and I hate exercising in front of other people.

Is there a crèche at your DH's gym?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 4:29 pm
KAlex wrote:
amother wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
amother wrote:

Is there a crèche at your DH's gym?
what is this?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 5:35 pm
Not to answer for Kalex but I have a hunch she may be ahead of us timewise and closer to sleep. I've heard English people use the term creche for babysitting services. Many of us have a VERY different image when we hear that word, especially at this time of year...

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 6:50 pm
B'h
Quote:

Wow I like that piece of wisdom, Thanks Tongue Out
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise