Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Don't know what to do!

amother

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 9:52 pm
I am already homeschooling 1 child, and debating doing the same for another. (Their school is horrible!). However, 1 is so hard and I'm not sure I can handle another. I keep going back and forth. The school environment is terrible, and she will be much better off at home. I'm not sure I can handle 2 at home, plus all my other children as well! Please help!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 9:56 pm
have you seen any of the online schools ?

amother

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 10:06 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

op here...yes I have, that is what we are doing, but it is not all online, there is a lot of my teaching as well.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 10:06 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

op here...yes I have, that is what we are doing, but it is not all online, there is a lot of my teaching as well.

Happy Mom

Post Fri, Dec 25 2009, 1:01 am
You may need some guidance and support to find effective ways to manage having both of them homeschooled, but H-shem has given you these children to raise as best as you can, and has given you the kochos to meet their needs.

I think it's actually easier to homeschool more than one child - they have one another for company, and when they're in school you are pulled in different directions to support each one, whereas the more kids who are homeschooled, the easier it becomes to coordinate schedules. We BH have nine kids ages 16 and under at home, and I love it. I'm not the most organized/patient/loving person in the world, but as I said, H-shem gives us the ability to meet our responsibilities when we turn to Him.

amother

Post Fri, Dec 25 2009, 1:17 am
amother wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

Look at Room613.net. Very affordable and no extra cost for additional children in one family. Parents don't need to teach (but should support of course). Should make it easy for you.

Isramom8

Post Fri, Dec 25 2009, 1:25 am
Would you consider hiring someone to help with the housework and/or other sibs? Or does that contradict the hashkafa of eduacating your children by natural incorporation into family life?

I've taught my kids some things at home, such as early reading to kids who were interested early. and completeing a sefer with bas mitzah daughters. Siblings interfere a lot. That's why I feel that I couldn't homeschool effectively while multitasking in running a home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling