Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How long can my baby sleep in my room?
1  2  3  Next

ven

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 5:40 pm
my baby is turning 1 soon , he always slept in his bed right next to my bed. when should I move him to his own room? I love having him so close by. at what age did u redirect your child to his/her own room?

be a mentch

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 5:43 pm
If he sleeps through the night and youre not nursing ,you can definitely move him to his own room . I put my daughter out of my room at 9months when I stopped nursing her and she was just fine. Alot of moms do it way earlier too. I guess youll be getting many diff opinions on this one

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 5:44 pm
I do it around 12-15 months. But my kids don't go to their own room they just move out of mommy and tattys room to the kids bedroom with their siblings.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 5:54 pm
I have my kids in my room for as long as they want. I have a big kingsize bed. When they want they can go to their own beds, if not they can seep with me. I hve a much better nights sleep this way because I dont need to get out of bed to go to them when theyre cryng. (For those who wonder my husband sleeps in a diffefrent room and I sleep with him there for part of the night wehn I want to, if you know what I mean.)

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 6:05 pm
It depends on the kid. If a kid wakes up a lot at night, it's probably easiest to keep him in your room for now, although some people believe that the kid will sleep better if they don't smell you. That never worked for my kids. Ds is 17 months old, and I haven't even considered moving him out of my room yet. As it is, I have no time to sleep between his 5 feedings a night, and if I would have to keep walking to his room and back, that would take care of the precious little time that I do have left.
My girls have their own room, but they come into us in middle of the night. dd#1 comes to my bed, dd#2 goes to dh.

Raisin

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 6:10 pm
I moved my kids out of my room at about 6 months plus, if I could. Once they didn't need to be fed many times a night, and also for safety reasons. (it lowers the SIDS risk to have your young infant in your room) they do sleep better in their own room. the kids who did sleep in their own room from about 6 months were much better sleepers then the one who didn't.

my baby's room is next to my room though...so it is pretty easy to hear and get my baby if necessary.

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 6:42 pm
You can move your baby out of your room at any age--whenever you're comfortable.
My first was in his own room at 2 weeks.
My second moved into his brother's room from my room at 3 months.

Inspired

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 6:55 pm
Quote:
at what age did u redirect your child to his/her own room?

2-3 years. They are only little once and for such a short time.

chavamom

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 8:41 pm
Quote:
at what age did u redirect your child to his/her own room?
Around 2 or so. No hard fast rule.

gryp

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 9:04 pm
I always say I'll do it after 6 months, but it never happens before 10-13 months.

Truthfully, I do it when I see that me being in the room disturbs the baby's sleep.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 9:37 pm
I moved my son out of my room at 10 months its great I shouldve done it earlier cuz he used to get up every 2 hrs and loved to sleep in my bed. once I moved him out he started sleeping much better he only wakes up for one feeding and I get to sleep more!!!!!!!!!!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 10:10 pm
My first slept in my room til' she was one. I only had one bedroom. Smile
My second moved out when she was about 6-7 months old!
Was great. She started waking up less and obviously I got to sleep more!
I heard the older they get, the harder it is for them to leave the comfort and secure spot.
If I could sleep peacefully with my kids in my bed, I would. They are precious and so sweet!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 7:33 am
When you and dh feel like it. DD was in her room from start. We didn't envision anything else.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 7:45 am
amother wrote:
I have my kids in my room for as long as they want. I have a big kingsize bed. When they want they can go to their own beds, if not they can seep with me. I hve a much better nights sleep this way because I dont need to get out of bed to go to them when theyre cryng. (For those who wonder my husband sleeps in a diffefrent room and I sleep with him there for part of the night wehn I want to, if you know what I mean.)

ur dh sleeps in another room? shock

I switch my kids when I stop nursing them. a year old.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 7:48 am
In our room, we only have room for a baby bassinet so when our babies are too big for the bassinet or start sitting up (at about 8 to 9 months), we usually put them in their own room. Yes babies feel more secure in their parents' room, and it's always an adjustment for them getting used to their own room. But I find they do sleep better in their own room with fewer interruptions. My baby is now 7 months and probably soon, we'll send him to his own room, and put our 2 girls together in their own room. I hope that works out!

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 8:06 am
I moved my daughter out at about 5 or 6 months. she was getting too big for the bassinet and she had started sleeping more hours.
it also got to a point where we heard her in her sleep so it was disturbing us as well.

Tehilla

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 8:21 am
how long? as long as you, your husband, and baby are all comfortable and happy.

MommyLuv

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 8:37 am
How long?
In my case, until I was about to give birth to a new sibling. For DD, at 2 1/2years old, for DS at about 20 months.

Seraph

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 8:46 am
As long as you want. I kept my son in my room till 1 year old but he ended up back in our room from 1.5 till 2 years old... I want to move my baby out into my older son's room at about 9 months old...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 10:29 am
If you love it, no reason to switch...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics