Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Night training older kid

amother

Post Wed, Dec 23 2009, 5:23 pm
Okay so I have a 6 year old who is still in pampers at night. I know it runs in my family to have issues with this, but I want to try everything possible before I give up and say he is unable to keep dry at night.

So please everyone give me ideas that you have tried that have either worked or not worked and your experience with it.

Thanks in advance.

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Dec 23 2009, 6:17 pm
amother wrote:
Okay so I have a 6 year old who is still in pampers at night. I know it runs in my family to have issues with this, but I want to try everything possible before I give up and say he is unable to keep dry at night.

So please everyone give me ideas that you have tried that have either worked or not worked and your experience with it.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know where you're located, but there's a doctor in Long Island that has gotten the most impossible kids trained. He works with autistic children as well and has an almost 100% success rate. His name is Dr Frederic Daum. You can either PM me, or post for more information.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 23 2009, 7:03 pm
Nite Trainer alarm worked very well.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 10:06 am
OP here.
I live out of NY but do you know if it is a one time visit to the Dr. or you have to come back mulitple tiimes.
Also regarding the night alarm - can you give me details of how old your kid was and the details of the situation (I.e. what you tried before).
Thanks

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 10:11 am
We used the alarm at 7 years old for a very deep sleeper, it was an accident every single night, we tried no drinks after 6, waking to use the bathroom t 12, reading books on staying dry, giving rewards, nothing worked until the alarm, 2-3 weeks with the alarm and was trained.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 11:12 am
Different amother. We also used an alarm, for a 5 year old who suddenly started wedding his bed night after night, for months. Also a deep sleeper. I can't emphasize how quickly and effectively it has worked bli ayin hara. Also runs in our family. Also 2-3 weeks even though the product said up to 6 weeks. (BTW, it suggests to keep using it for a certain amount of time even after you see the desired effects).

mommyofboys

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 12:26 pm
Can you all tell me which brand was used & which product it was. My 6 year old is on DDAVP for a few weeks & its not helping him. I would like to try one of these products.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 12:39 pm
My DS was 5 and had never ever woke up dry, we got this alarm (link below) and it was a miracle. By the end of the month, he never again had an accident (that was 2 years ago). It was worth every penny. Read the reveiws on amazon, it has nearly 5 stars.

http://www.amazon.com/Malem-Ul.....r=8-2

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 1:01 pm
amother wrote:
My DS was 5 and had never ever woke up dry, we got this alarm (link below) and it was a miracle. By the end of the month, he never again had an accident (that was 2 years ago). It was worth every penny. Read the reveiws on amazon, it has nearly 5 stars.

Yes, yes. That is the one we used too. (I'm amother before this one). We also see it as a miracle, we've never been so impressed with a product. It's expensive but it worked like a charm so we also feel it was worth every penny.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 1:30 pm
http://www.leapsandbounds.com/.....17215

I am the first amother, this is the one we used.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 1:50 pm
amother wrote:

OP here - thank you so much for the link. I am not sure I am ready to use this product yet - but the reviews definately gave me insight. I never really looked into the alarm thing and now it sounds much more promising. I am wondering if anyone tried less expensive versions and had success? I also have the problem that my son sleeps on the top of a bunk bed.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 2:18 pm
amother wrote:
http://www.leapsandbounds.com/.....17215

I am the first amother, this is the one we used.

OP here - thanks again for this link as well. I just finished reading all the reviews. It just seems like these products are so expensive and will either work or not. Also what age was your child that this worked for?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 2:36 pm
I'm the amother who sent you the amazon link. I agree it's so expensive, and I also didn't buy it right away bec. of the expense, but it was SO worth it. PullUps/diapers are also expensive. And the majority of pple. on Amazon it worked for them. Also either way, if it works for you or not you can always sell it on ebay when you are done with it and make back a good part of the $ you paid. Also I would highly recommend that you switch him to the bottome bunk (at least until he's done with this issue) bec. how can you expect to train him with him going up and down at night (whether you use the alarm or any other method, especially if he is a heavy sleeper).

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 2:50 pm
I third the recommendation for the Malem Ultimate alarm. It is expensive but worth every penny. We recently finished using it with our 7 yr old and are considering starting it with our 5 yr old.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 3:16 pm
amother wrote:
I'm the amother who sent you the amazon link. I agree it's so expensive, and I also didn't buy it right away bec. of the expense, but it was SO worth it. PullUps/diapers are also expensive. And the majority of pple. on Amazon it worked for them. Also either way, if it works for you or not you can always sell it on ebay when you are done with it and make back a good part of the $ you paid. Also I would highly recommend that you switch him to the bottome bunk (at least until he's done with this issue) bec. how can you expect to train him with him going up and down at night (whether you use the alarm or any other method, especially if he is a heavy sleeper).

OP here - I didn't realize that the problem is not getting up during the night - I thought it was a matter of holding it in the whole night. I can't switch him to the bottom as I have a young child on the bottom. I may just have him sleep in either a sleeping bag - or a mattress on the floor for a while. The amazon link reviews did sound very good. I will keep this link for when I am ready to give in and try the product. I want to talk to my pediatrician first and see what he says. When I asked him a while ago - he said do nothing until a certain age - and I can't remember the age he said. My son is probably older than the age he said so now I want to hear his advice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training