Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Shirataki noodles?

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 3:45 pm
I keep hearing about these wonderful shirataki noodles at my WW meetings, but the only brand I have ever seen in groceries here is not kosher. Does anyone know if a kosher one exists?

wifey

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 11:17 pm
I think House Foods is kosher - I looked it up online and read it is marked with a hechsher and parve. The asian supermarket near me has them and I am going this week to see if I can pick some up - hopefully I'll see a hechsher. Otherwise I think you can order them online. Hope this helps.

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 11:33 pm
Thank you. The Whole Foods by me carries this brand and although I had heard long ago it was becoming kosher, I still see nothing on the packaging.
I did find another brand called Miracle Noodles. I have to find out where to buy them though and also need to double check Earth K hechsher.

Denver007

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 12:06 pm
I was very excited to see House Foods Shirataki spaghetti and angel hair pasta with OU at Kroger, Meijer and Giant Eagle supermarket. Woo Hoo for no carb noodles!

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 4:49 am
Yes, I finally found them with an O.U. about a month ago too and I have to say, while they do not have the exact texture or taste to pasta, they are more then a good substitute and not hard to acquire a taste for. I eat them nearly every day now and it has allowed me to knock 100s of calories off my daily intake and still feel so full and so satisfied. Amazing.

Lizie22

Post Thu, Mar 11 2010, 2:25 pm
I tried these recently too but did not find them to be very tasty- I sauteed vegetables (mushrooms, onions and peppers) in marinara sauce and served over the noodles- does anyone have any better recipes for these?

sarachana

Post Thu, Mar 11 2010, 2:45 pm
wow I never heard of this food before and I love low/no carb foods, will check it out the next time I got WF. Thanks for this info!!!!!

sarachana

Post Thu, Mar 11 2010, 2:56 pm
ok I called my Whole foods market here and they don't carry them at all, but they are willing to order them in for me if I give them the brand that I want, which obviously would be kosher. If any of you would be so kind as to post the brand that you know is kosher, I would really appreciate it! TIA!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 11 2010, 3:13 pm
I've seen them at WF too. Are they something of note ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen