Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Goodbye for now
1  2  Next

hisorerus

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 2:23 pm
B"H

Due to the rapid downward spiral as far as appropriateness, I will IY"H be taking a break of undecided length from the website. I understand that I could simply choose not to read certain topics, but even in the topics I thought were acceptable I'm finding offensive content. I'd like to work on my Tznius bemachshava, and as of now Imamother is not the right place for that.

So goodbye, it's been a pleasure speaking to some of you!

Thanks for everything,
Hisorerus

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 2:28 pm
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

hardwrknmom

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 5:50 pm
very interesting

3Qts

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 5:54 pm
Is this before or after Yaels decision?

Flowerchild

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 5:57 pm
before

Tefila

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 9:10 pm
Hisorerus come back Yael has worked on this issue, we need your input. You light up the world come back Very Happy

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 9:40 pm
This is very sad,
it's sad that such a great poster and asset to this board, should have to leave bec. of such reasons,
it's sad that this was the cause to make her leave.
Hisorerus I'll be missing your posts.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 10:23 pm
amother, was that supposed to be an insult for hisorerus, or some kind of joke?
I didn't get it.

happyone

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 10:43 pm
Yael, thanks for the announcement! Looking forward to a site that I don't have to be afraid someone walking in would read and think I'm in an inappropriate forum. Hisorerus, I'll miss your posts.

amother

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 5:09 am
what am I missing here? where are the posts that are untsnius for the machshava? and why is hisorerus making a public decision to be better than all the rest of us?
Confused

willow

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 6:06 am
Goodbye, I know I will mis you and your posts. Crying

gryp

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 6:37 am
I also missed something.

Quote:
Looking forward to a site that I don't have to be afraid someone walking in would read and think I'm in an inappropriate forum.

and im looking forward to asking people to join the forum without wondering if ill get "oh, you mean the forum about everyone's husbands?" as a response.

chen

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 9:08 am
umm...correct me if I'm wrong, but inasmuch as hisorerus has presumably already left, she's not reading any of your posts, positive or negative. the public service announcement is, one must assume, to forestall a new thread called "where's hisorerus" and a hailstorm of conjectures ranging from "spying for the CIA in Outer Melanogaster" to "pregnant and not telling anyone about it yet".

willow

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 9:13 am
Chen LOL

Mommy912

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 9:41 am
Maybe she is reading these posts without logging on as this is in one of the public sections.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 9:51 am
Rule of thumb: people that make big announcements rarely leave.

mumsy23

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 9:57 am
True!

shira

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 10:32 am
Bye, Hisorerus. I'll really miss your contributions to discussions..............................

amother

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 11:10 am
I don't think it was the fact that she left, as much as the way she left. What she said was very self righteous and could serve no other purpose then to offend. If she wanted to just let people know that she was leaving so that nobody would start wondering what happened to her, she could have just said that she is leaving. She didn't have to add the whole preachy speech belittling other members of the imamother community. While she goes to work on her "Tznius bemachshava" she should also try to work on her "bein adam lechavero."

It really amazes me when I see really frum "looking" women who can be downright mean to their fellow Jews.

amother

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 11:45 am
[quote="amother"]I don't think it was the fact that she left, as much as the way she left. What she said was very self righteous and could serve no other purpose then to offend. If she wanted to just let people know that she was leaving so that nobody would start wondering what happened to her, she could have just said that she is leaving. She didn't have to add the whole preachy speech belittling other members of the Imamother community. While she goes to work on her "Tznius bemachshava" she should also try to work on her "bein adam lechavero."

It really amazes me when I see really frum "looking" women who can be downright mean to their fellow Jews.[/quote]

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up I don't have much else to add. As someone mentioned somewhere else on this site, it's nice that women can come & talk here about issues that they are embarrasssed to bring up to friends in person. And yes, sometimes, those issues are a little more r rated than normal "mommy & me" conversations.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics