Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Why does my baby smell so good????
1  2  Next

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 6:48 pm
I love how my 8 month old baby smells. No matter how dirty he is, he always smells great. He even smells delicious in the morning even when he wakes up and never has bad breath like my other kids. Why is that so? I'm just curious why. Anyone know??

geemum

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 6:52 pm
G-d's way to make us love our babies that: throw up, fill their diapers just when we're ready to go out, empty the toys everywhere, throw their food on the floor....

Wink

amother

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 6:54 pm
Did you eat esrog when pregnant? Its written I think ramban brings down eating esrog when pregnant your baby will always smell yummy

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 6:57 pm
Nope, never ate esrog while I was pregnant. I have never eaten it in my life.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 6:58 pm
Their little neshomas were just in gan eden learning Torah....they still smell so heavenly bc it's leftover--there's Torah references to good smell being associated with Gan Eden. Smile (That's my own hypothesis)

Debbyl

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 7:56 pm
I heard that breastfed babies have a sweet smell. I guess mother's milk has something to it.

sky

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 7:59 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Their little neshomas were just in gan eden learning Torah....they still smell so heavenly bc it's leftover--there's Torah references to good smell being associated with Gan Eden. Smile (That's my own hypothesis)

My son's morah just told me that when a newborn smiles don't attribute it to gas. They are just fresh from shamayim, and the malachim are still playing with them. I love that thought.

mommalah

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 8:00 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:

How does this explain the little non jewish babies who smell yummy? Wink

dee's mommy

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 8:37 pm
[quote="sky"][quote="NotInNJMommy"]Their little neshomas were just in gan eden learning Torah....they still smell so heavenly bc it's leftover--there's Torah references to good smell being associated with Gan Eden. Smile (That's my own hypothesis)[/quote]

My son's morah just told me that when a newborn smiles don't attribute it to gas. They are just fresh from shamayim, and the malachim are still playing with them. I love that thought.[/quote]

Those are beautiful!

To be honest, I never did perceive the "baby smell" in my own daughter. (Though others did.) I just assumed that was because I don't use baby powder on her. I kept smelling to see what everyone was talking about, but could never smell it. What

PIP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 9:37 pm
sky wrote:
NotInNJMommy wrote:

My son's morah just told me that when a newborn smiles don't attribute it to gas. They are just fresh from shamayim, and the malachim are still playing with them. I love that thought.

That is so beautiful. Thank you both for sharing that!

amother

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 11:25 pm
I thought I was crazy I love the smell of my baby's mouth embarrassed glad to hear im not the only idiot.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 12:23 am
youre smelling gan eden in their little heads. and yes, non jews come from gan eden too when theyre born.

chocolatemilk

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 12:45 am
amother wrote:
I thought I was crazy I love the smell of my baby's mouth embarrassed glad to hear im not the only idiot.

I always smell my babys mouth
I think its the milk that makes them always smell so yummy

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 7:26 am
Scientifically, does it have to do with them getting their mother's smell from pregnancy and being in mothers' womb?

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 7:39 am
mommalah wrote:
NotInNJMommy wrote:

How does this explain the little non jewish babies who smell yummy? Wink

Are non Jewish souls in gan eden? I don't know.

I guess I'd think of it that their souls, albeit different than Jewish souls, are closer to their pure source and true path that Hashem has for them before the klipah and shtus of the world can start to mess with that. (l'havdil, like us yiddishe neshomas too).

Maybe that purity smells good. Smile

Seraph

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 8:00 am
am I the only one who's baby smells like rotten milk- spit up?

Metukah

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 8:31 am
Seraph wrote:
am I the only one who's baby smells like rotten milk- spit up?

some ppl love that smell (my older sister is crazy over it)

I love my baby's smell. at night he sweats real bad, and yet still smells heavenly. ahhh

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 8:34 am
Mine too, smells delicious even when he's hot and sweaty.

Just wondering - what kind of baby shampoo do you use?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 8:37 am
My dd still smells good even when she's dirty. lol

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 10:25 am
Mine always smells yummy too. Even after she and her face and her hands and feet ate dinner.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics