Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
ISO: Flanken cholent recipe!

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 9:57 am
[sizmy husband bought $22 worth of flanken for the cholent. I don't want to mess it up by having the flanken dry out . I need an awesome cholent recipe folks ! =18] [/size]I have a kishke too!

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 10:17 am
Anyone????????!!

bnm

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 11:14 am
I saute an onion and sometimes a few cloves of garlic, put the flanken in till their brown, add beans and barley (comes ready in a bag) salt, pepper, lots of paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and some onion soup mix, sometimes a spoon of shwarma spice too........ after its cooked, before we put it on the blech we add the kugel and kishke in foil, jachnen...

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 11:55 am
put everything together in your crockpot and put it on right before shabbos ... people tend to over cook it by starting thursday night or friday morning ... medium/low heat

after putting potatoes, barley, onions, fresh cloves of garlic (and maybe a few beans), spice it up with garlic powder, black pepper, salt, paprika (non irradiated hot cayenne pepper)

mix everything up so that you don't have all the meat on the bottom or the top - more like center ... then when you put water fill it about an inch above the food line - any less it will be dry - any more it will be soup ...

kishke goes delicately atop it all ...

I'll bring the beer Drunken Smile

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 1:18 pm
Omigod... Thanks for the help. This is exactly what I needed..
:-)

rivk241

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 3:34 pm
for next time you should get "cheak meat" for the chulent instead of flanken its much better meat for the chulent - ask for it at your meat store.

ValleyMom

Post Sat, Jan 02 2010, 9:09 pm
Thanks Rivki!
Is it cheaper than flanken? BTW the flanken recipe from Greenie was awesome... The meat was moist and tender. I am never too old to learn a new trick or two!

greenfire

Post Sat, Jan 02 2010, 9:25 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
BTW the flanken recipe from Greenie was awesome... The meat was moist and tender.

glad to hear ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics