Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Below the knees
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 5:33 pm
Do you really wonder why people leave this site after the way that you treat people for having a different opinion (or stum an opinion) to you???
Take a hard look at how some of you treat others - so rude. Do you wonder why people post anonymously, when some of you bash others simply for having an opinion. This happens in almost every thread. People bash others for posting anonymously and do you really wonder why. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean that there has to be a cat fight about it.

mumsy23

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 8:02 pm
chen wrote:
DefyGravity wrote:

You remind me of those crazy old ladies on the train that wave their bible around and rant that we're all going to heck b/c we haven't accepted yashka into our lives.

LOL You are so right! ( maybe that's why people wear headphones.)

You know, there's a certain bird of prey--maybe a vulture, maybe an eagle--that is criticized in the gemoroh. What's the criticism? It can be in Bovel and see a neveiloh (carcass) in EY. So? A chisoron di kalloh is tzu shayn? (the bride is too pretty?) It's got the world's best eyesight, what can be bad?

The answer is--it can be in bovel and see davko a neveiloh in EY. It has no eye for all the beauty in EY; it zeroes in only on the carrion. And because of this, its phenomenal eyesight is deplored rather than praised.

Very well said - Such a mitzvah to make a good tznius sight for girls and women and still someone manages to find something "asur" in it.

shopaholic

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 10:48 pm
Thanks for the measurement secbeb. It's a couple of inches too short for me. I'm 5'6"

ceo

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 12:14 am
If the amother had psoted under her real name and said something along the lines of, "Everyone should be aware that the necklines of the shirts on this site are a bit too wide, and you would probably still need an undershirt," I doubt anyone would have had a problem with that. The fact that she posted anonymously and used such harsh languguage is what p-ssed everyone off.

People get bashed when they disagree using rude language. If a person can speak their mind in a respectful "tone" then people can usually be m'kabel. "honey is sweeter than vinegar."

sarahd

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 8:00 am
amother wrote:
Do you really wonder why people leave this site after the way that you treat people for having a different opinion (or stum an opinion) to you???

Do you wonder that people are turned off when posters use amother to hide behind as they post offensive comments?

Quote:
Take a hard look at how some of you treat others - so rude.

Take a look in the mirror, sweetheart.

Quote:
Do you wonder why people post anonymously, when some of you bash others simply for having an opinion.

No one bashed you for your opinion; they bashed you for your manner of expressing it. People get upset when a thread that begins positively is hijacked by someone posting rude, negative thoughts. Especially when the someone is anonymous.

southernbubby

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 8:32 am
I have had some negative experiences with "amother" and would like to make a suggestion. The rose is appropriate when the anonymous poster has something private to share. When the poster has some nasty remark to make, the avatar should either be a thorn, or a chicken. The chicken should not be cute like my chicken but it should be a cowardly chicken!

Mommy912

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 9:40 am
I think there should be two choices: amother and awitch, complete with rose and broom avatars.

southernbubby

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 9:42 am
You tootsiepies are so creative!

Crayon210

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 11:08 am
southernbubby, your chicken IS really cute! LOL.

southernbubby

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 11:13 am
Thanks, this chicken is useful if you are holding a small child while logging on.

chen

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 12:01 pm
southernbubby wrote:
the avatar should either be a thorn, or a chicken. The chicken should not be cute like my chicken but it should be a cowardly chicken!

LOL
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics