Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Some questions

amother

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 9:27 pm
ok so I am think of cutting out either gluten or white flour
here are my q's
1. if I cut out either is it terrible to have a little challah on shabbos? (ww is not really an option)
2.is gluten only in flour? do I have to check other products as well?
3.how do I eventually get back on it?
tia for all the help sorry if these questions sound ridiculous but I never realized what is in what until someone told me!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 9:46 pm
amother wrote:

Tell us WHY and then we can help you.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 9:49 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
amother wrote:

Tell us WHY and then we can help you.

I want to lose weight - thats WHY

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 10:09 pm
Oh.....

Speak to your rov,then,about what you must or may not eat on Shabbos. that's what I did.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 10:34 pm
Would whole wheat matza be an option?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 10:59 pm
First of all-gluten means no flour, spelt flour.......it would be hard and not so good. You need fiber which is found in ww stuff. Just cut out white flour/rice/ potatoes and you will lose lots of weight. You will refrain from eating cake, cookies...and all stuff that makes you gain food. Hows that instead?

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 11:43 pm
I like oat matzah

Health is a Virture

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 2:09 am
you can cut out wheat and still eat many many foods that have gluten in it. spelt has gluten but is digested in your body as a protein, so many people who seem to gain weight from wheat products do great with spelt. I would start with eliminating wheat from the diet, or even white flour. eliminating white flour is sooo not a big deal, eliminating wheat is definitely feasible, but you need to incorporate other foods into your diet. to eliminate all gluten from your diet is very, very difficult and quite limiting, so if it's just for weight issues I would not recommend it, as it would probably lead to binging, cravings, etc.

fyI: to eliminate all gluten means to eliminate all grains: barley, rye, oats, spelt, and wheat....this really limits your availability for nutrition. doesn't sound very healthy unless you need to for health reasons
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise