Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift ideas for ObGYN
1  2  Next

workingmom3

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 10:28 pm
I am going for my pp visit in a few weeks and would like to get my doctor something. Anyone have any ideas?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 11:10 pm
How much do you want to spend? What kind of gift?
Something for the office for personaly for him?

PIP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 11:14 pm
I brought my doctor a plate of syrian food which he looovveedddd. I bought him a desk clock in the shape of a doctor bag w\ a stethoscope. It was stunning. I made him a collage of all babies he delivered for his retirement (B"H giving it to him next week!) It depends what he likes, what type of guy he is....
You could always do a nice pen I guess.

BinahYeteirah

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 11:18 pm
Wow, you guys are good patients. And you seem to know your doctors so well. I guess I'm a bum; I've never given any of my health care providers a gift. Very Happy

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 11:21 pm
I give by my pp visit a nice card and chocolate for the staff.

PIP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 11:22 pm
oh yeah, and I always write a thank you letter w\ a picture of the baby and an updated picture of the kids!

Levtov

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 11:23 pm
I like to take a nice fresh Challah. They just love it. Wrapped in cellaphane and a nice shopping bag.

workingmom3

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 8:03 am
PrettyInPink wrote:
I brought my doctor a plate of syrian food which he looovveedddd. I bought him a desk clock in the shape of a doctor bag w\ a stethoscope. It was stunning. I made him a collage of all babies he delivered for his retirement (B"H giving it to him next week!) It depends what he likes, what type of guy he is....
You could always do a nice pen I guess.

I like the desk clock idea- where di you get it? Thanks for all the ideas- keep them coming pleas. I want to spend in the $50 range but will go a little higher if its something really nice. I will give a card also and some chocolate for the staff.

rydys

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 8:08 am
For some reason, many people think that clocks are nice gifts for doctors. While it is a nice idea, most doctors I know have more clocks than they know what to do with! My advice would be to look around his around look around his office first.

workingmom3

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 8:32 am
rydys wrote:
For some reason, many people think that clocks are nice gifts for doctors. While it is a nice idea, most doctors I know have more clocks than they know what to do with! My advice would be to look around his around look around his office first.

wont be able to do that because next time I go will be my pp visit so want to buy something beforehand. Do you have any other suggestions?

happy chick

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 9:29 am
its not so much in the gift as in the card. he gets plenty of gifts, but its always nice to get a thnk you over and oer again. chances are whatever youre going to get him he has already. a nice box of chcolates is nice.

PIP

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 6:42 pm
workingmom, I got it from a store in flatbush. Vivian's on Avenue U and east 5th. My doctor didn't have one clock in his whole office! (Besides for the secretary's desk).
You could also do a paperweight or a pen holder.

estibesty

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 9:31 pm
brought her a necklace- she loves funky jewlery. I had too she gave me a baby gift in the hospital.

workingmom3

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 10:37 pm
PrettyInPink wrote:
workingmom, I got it from a store in flatbush. Vivian's on Avenue U and east 5th. My doctor didn't have one clock in his whole office! (Besides for the secretary's desk).
You could also do a paperweight or a pen holder.

how much was it? Maybe I will go to the store and see what they have- get some ideas.

workingmom3

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 10:38 pm
estibesty wrote:
brought her a necklace- she loves funky jewlery. I had too she gave me a baby gift in the hospital.

It's a man but thanks anyway

amother

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 11:30 pm
I paint so I painted her a painting.

PIP

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 12:36 pm
$36. even my husband liked it!

Flowerpot

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 3:39 pm
You can get her a nice small plant for the office.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 3:42 pm
At best, a birth announcement with a pic. A gift? to an obgyn? why?

Flowerpot

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 3:48 pm
Ruchel wrote:
At best, a birth announcement with a pic. A gift? to an obgyn? why?

To show them that you care and appreciat there time, effort and kindness (yes I know they get paid)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics