Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
When do you wiegh urself?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 8:48 pm
if your on a diet (obviously) Tongue Out

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 8:51 pm
you should weigh yourself in the morning, prior to any significant eating or drinking, once a week. thats what I have found to be most accurate.

athomemom

almost every day Wink Rolling Eyes

ClaRivka

its the 2nd thing I do in the morning.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 11:55 pm
Once a week or less.

happyone

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 6:55 am
The first of the month. In the morning. With no clothes on.

pobody's nerfect

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 7:55 am
wednesday mornings. then I got to weightlossticker.com and plug in my weight!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 7:57 am
tues am, when all the shabbos weight has metabolized

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 8:00 am
twice a week or so, wednesday and sunday morn. generally

yummydd

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 8:32 am
Once a week in the morning - I go to a diet group.

rivkeah

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:25 am
you really should only weigh once a week so you see if a bulk comes off... but I can't keep myself back and weigh my self almost every day.I find fridays mornign the best if you do it once a week. it is before all shabbos weights comes on

amother

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:29 am
for those who weigh themselves every day -why do u do it? dont you get upset/depressed if u gained or didnt loose?

sunshine!

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:30 am
My husband hides the scale when I diet. He claims that it is the reason why so many diets are unsuccesful. He returns it once a week in the morning. By afternoon it's gone again. And even when I tried hiding it, so that I have it to go on every day and obsess about every ounce lost or gained, he found it and hid it again.

Aribenj

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 3:04 pm
In the morning, naked, before I eat, after I go to the bathroom, before doing anything else, without my watch, earrings or bracelet. I know, I take it to the extremes...

If I'm really on a diet I weigh myself every day. If the diet is working, I might lose 1/4 or 1/3 lb a day. If it's not, and my weight stays exactly the same for more then 2 days, then I know my diet needs tweaking.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 4:43 pm
every single morning.

safetynet

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 4:50 pm
Never! I see it on my clothing... I dont need the numbers...

JessicaA622

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 9:26 pm
I usually weigh myself on Friday morning. In the morning you tend to weigh the least... and it's before shabbas so I've had a chance to lose all my shabbas weight from the week before. Tongue Out

Ronit

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 9:45 pm
In the morning, couple of times a week.

WriterMom

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 9:51 pm
First thing in the morning after my run, stark naked, so I'm as light as possible! Smile

In reality - I'm trying to make some changes in my lifestyle (a bit more exercise, a bit less sweet stuff to relieve stress, a bit more sleep) and weigh myself every week or two to see what's "paying off." When I was a lot younger, I went through a phase of weighing myself every day, and it was really distressing (in a Bridget Jones sort of way) the effect it would have on me - great if I was down a tiny bit, even, and desolate if I was up a tiny bit. When I finally realized how much variation is caused by how hydrated you are, what time of the month it is, etc, I clued in that it's the general trend that matters, not any particular day.

nicole81

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 9:53 pm
I weigh myself every day, sometimes multiple times a day.

But I don't get upset or excited with every little fluctuation on the scale. For me it's just interesting how the number changes based on the time of the day, my last meal, the time of the month, etc.

Officially though I record my weight every Monday morning. I weigh myself right before I get into the shower.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise