Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Homemade baby food

May

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 1:28 pm
I am interested in making my own baby food and I have a few questions:

1. Do you freeze it? How? Do you save old baby food jars and freeze it in those, or do you freeze it in something else?

2. What foods do you use?

3. Has anyone made their own oatmeal/rice cereal? I was thinking about putting the oatmeal thru my food processor to make it more fine and then making it as I would make regular oatmeal (with formula instead of milk).

Any other tips/advice to offer?

TIA!

cubbie

Post Thu, Jan 21 2010, 1:46 pm
I make all my own baby foods in bulk and then freeze in disposable containers. I buy half cups with lids (I'm in Israel and it's about 10 shekels for 50).
The one thing that I did invest in with dd2 was an electric steamer (which I only use for parevs) it's got 3 tiers and by steaming everything I keep all the nutrients and it's more tasty. I usually start with orange veg (pumpkin, squash, s. potato, carrot) then move on to pears and apples, then gradually add more veg and fruit before moving on to meat, chicken, fish, lentels, pasta etc. I've never made my own cereals.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics