Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Need Help (Now) with Typing Hebrew in Corel Draw

mother of one

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 11:41 am
I can't seem to find the apostrophy (its usually the W key) and the quotation marks. Anyone know which keys they are in Corel?

TIA

onlyme

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 12:10 pm
I've also have this problem when typing Hebrew in CorelDraw. (I think the apostrophe simply does not exist in Corel's Hebrew.) So what I do (because I like to do things the long and complicated way Smile ) is first type everything out, leaving space for the apostrophe, then type the quotation mark, (which should be the regular quotation marks key, not sure why it's not working for you), convert it to curves, delete one of the 2 lines, and copy the remaining line to wherever it's needed.

Good luck!

P.S. if anyone has an easier way to do this, please let us know?

mother of one

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 12:38 pm
When I try to type the quotation marks it comes up but in a different font (arial) and as many times as I try to change it back to the font I am using it wont change. Go figure!
Soo I cant even try what u do. Help! I need solution already!

onlyme

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 12:41 pm
So I just tried typing Hebrew in CorelDraw again, to see what you mean, and guess what? I have the same thing now! Gimme a sec while I try to figure out a overly long, complicated way to get around that.

onlyme

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 12:45 pm
Ok, I realized that it depends on the font that I'm using. Can you try a different font?
If not, or if it still doesn't work, how about this:
Does your comma work? (located where the regular apostrophe is) If it does, type a comma, convert to curves (you don't really have to convert it, but I just think that it makes it easier to work with), then flip it horizontally and move it up to where you would put the apostrophe.
Let me know if this helped.

mother of one

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 12:47 pm
what I did was type everything in a different font and when I changed the font it was fine, when I needed to add an apostrophe or quotation I copied and pasted. Lemme know if u figured out an easier way.

mother of one

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 12:50 pm
tried to use different fonts, same story. This is what comes up when I try the W key ยป

onlyme

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 12:52 pm
Yeah, that's what I always get too. Although I can't figure out why you can't get the quotation marks. Did you try the comma thing?

mother of one

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 12:53 pm
well u r brilliant! I changed the comma into an apostrophe. but still want to fix this problem once and for all! these solutions take too much time and nerves.

onlyme

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 1:04 pm
Hey, thanks!
Thing is, I don't think it's possible to fix this thing once and for all. I think Corel is not really geared for Hebrew typing What . But then again, I'm no expert.
As for it taking too much time and patience, what should I tell you? That's my specialty! This is not to say that I have the patience of Hillel, just that I always choose the longer way (If you can go around it, why bother going straight? LOL ) And then I get upset at myself for wasting so much time on everything, but that's a whole 'nother story.

onlyme

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 1:07 pm
mother of one wrote:
what I did was type everything in a different font and when I changed the font it was fine, when I needed to add an apostrophe or quotation I copied and pasted. Lemme know if u figured out an easier way.

Oh, I just noticed this post. Fuggetaboutit, I don't figure out easier ways. Period. It's just not my thing.
But yeah, it can be very very nerve-wracking.

mother of one

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 1:20 pm
Thanks for your help!! Very Happy

onlyme

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 1:33 pm
My pleasure. Wish I could've done more, though.

mother of one

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 2:05 pm
Can I ask u another question? How do I make everythin 1 or pts smaller at once?

onlyme

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 2:07 pm
I'm not sure I understood the question. Mind rephrasing it? (Sorry, my brain's a bit fuzzy today.)

mother of one

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 2:21 pm
Sorry, my question was a little fuzzy. I have a whole page of text, I want to make everything 1 or 2 points smaller. I dont want to go to each text box separately and make it smaller. How do I do it in one shot?

onlyme

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 2:33 pm
Are all text boxes different font sizes or are the sizes the same? If they're different sizes, then I'm afraid you'll have to do each box separately. (at least as far as I know). If they're the same size, just select all boxes and change the font size by either typing in the size you want, or pointing the cursor at the end of the number and typing "-1" (or "-2" or "+1" or whatever). Sorry no help here. I'll try to play around and come up with something else.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics