Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Puzzles

Kugel lover

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 1:36 pm
At what age should a toddler be able to do puzzles?

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 1:37 pm
It depends on the type of puzzles...there are regular wooden ones, some with the picture inside the cutout, some not, there are cardboard, etc.

Also, realize children do need to be taught. My ds needed to be taught to rotate the pieces until it fit and then push it down.

How old is your dc?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 1:55 pm
Eighteen months can do a three piece shape puzzle or another very easy non interlocking one.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 1:57 pm
Every puzzle is geared towards a specific age. (It should say it on the packaging).
Melissa and Doug has great puzzles for all ages. You could get them in Toys R Us or probably most toy stores.

Kugel lover

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 1:59 pm
My dd is 20 months.

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 11:22 am
my 22 month old has been doing an 8 piece shapes puzzle for a few weeks already. in the beginning he needed help turning the pieces to fit, but now he's got the hang of it and loves it!.

this one:

puzzle

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 3:48 pm
When my oldest was 1 1/2, she had trouble doing the simple, non-interlocking puzzles. She's now 3 1/2 and excels at the interlocking ones. Her latest challenge to herself is doing a 12-piece puzzle looking at it upside down or sometimes with all the pieces still picture side down.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics