Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Stuck with kids in house for almost week because of snow!

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 9:55 pm
It's been a REALLY long week. Baltimore, where I live, has had 2 major blizzards - one on Shabbos and one today! We've been stuck in the house since Friday! My kids (4, 2, and 9 mos, kn"H) are all going crazy and are SO bored. We've done everything, coloring, projects, cleaning for Pesach, baking, but am running out of things to do! Any other suggestions of what I can do with them because we're still going to be stuck in the house again tomorrow, and maybe Friday! Thanks!

Tova

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 10:05 pm
Can you make a playdate w/ other kids on the block? That's what we have been doing. I know, it's tough. I hate that we have not had a mail delivery since last Thursday.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 10:08 pm
I live in Balto and we got mail on Tuesday.
What's gonna be with garbage pick up?

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 10:13 pm
Yes we had mail on Tuesday. It will be interesting to see how fast they clean up the roads. I heard another storm is headed our way on Monday! What a horrible winter we're having. It's so hard being at home with our kids. Unfortunately, there aren't too many kids on our block so we can't really have 'play-dates' with other kids.

SingALong

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 10:14 pm
I'm not from baltimore but I saw my sis's pics and with the amounts of snow baltimore got I feel for you. I'm stuck in the house only 1 day so far and already dreading tomorow, my kids are so sick of the snow and my almost 3 year old was crying how she wants to go to morah tomorrow!

mommalah

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 10:40 pm
TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:
It's been a REALLY long week. Baltimore, where I live, has had 2 major blizzards - one on Shabbos and one today! We've been stuck in the house since Friday! My kids (4, 2, and 9 mos, kn"H) are all going crazy and are SO bored. We've done everything, coloring, projects, cleaning for Pesach, baking, but am running out of things to do! Any other suggestions of what I can do with them because we're still going to be stuck in the house again tomorrow, and maybe Friday! Thanks!

I'm in the same boat...
Have a 6,4,2, and 12 week old newborn all with me. Also not been out since Friday..My kids are off Thurs. and Fri as well. We are all going a little insane, lol.

momstaxi

Post Thu, Feb 11 2010, 12:03 am
Another from Baltimore. I think the timing is making it more difficult, since it's the week following vacation.
If there is school on Mon., the kids schedule will have been something like 6 days home/2 1/2 days in school/9 days home.

About the mail, my neighbor's son is a postal worker, and he said that not delivering mail on certain days are determined by the post office (like Shabbos and today), but days like Mon and Tues are left upto the discretion of each worker. If the path to a certain house is not clear, or even a whole street, they don't have to go.

Anyone looking for a rotating playgroup next year? I noticed that Mommalah and TriesToBePerfectMom
both have 2 yr olds.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 11 2010, 12:55 am
We live in Pittsburgh and we've been stuck here, too. Longest string of snow days ever! I don't even remember what it looks like outside when it's not covered in white! Any other ideas for what else to do with the kids?? I feel like I've gone through all of our activities!

Atali

Post Thu, Feb 11 2010, 6:06 am
I'm stuck here too although at least they seem to be plowing my street now which is a pleasant surprise (it usually takes them forever to get to my little side street).

Tamiri

Post Thu, Feb 11 2010, 7:08 am
Plug for Aliya: the weather is delightful most days of winter. A bit hot in summer but you get used to it. Friends sent me pix from Pgh and boy, do I NOT miss it. I feel for you homebound snowmageddon victims.
And here is the Pgh/Balto connection: one year we planned to do our major Pesach shopping in Balto, right after Purim. I think it was 1991 or 92. We planned to stop at the Pathmark in Harrisburgh, where there were great generic Pesach bargains and then continue to finish up in Baltimore for cheese etc. No prob with spoilage as it was cold. There was a HUGE blizzard on or about Purim and they closed the highways. We couldn't get to Baltimore as planned!!!! We had to wait for the highways and interstate to be cleared. I think that this year is something like that....
Wait, I have to get a cool drink. The heat (in the 80s today) is getting to me. LOL

amother

Post Thu, Feb 11 2010, 1:56 pm
I am in Philadelphia and have been stuck in the house since Monday. I am also sick with the flu, 24 weeks pregnant, and have two kids under 4...not fun

amother

Post Fri, Feb 12 2010, 2:03 pm
I live in Miami. I'm just saying Twisted Evil

amother

Post Sat, Feb 13 2010, 2:05 pm
A bit hot? in Israel? Maybe far North, but I find the heat already stuffing on Pessach sometimes. No, not everyone gets used to it. Some are sick every summer, or worse.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers