Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Pringles
Previous  1  2  3

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 9:26 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
GR wrote:
I grew up OOT, not keeping bishul yisroel. Most people (Lubavitchers) I know OOT with few exceptions (I can think of ONE family), don't keep bishul yisroel.

Bishul akum is treif and will ossur your keilim.

Bishul akum is NOT treif, just like chalav akum is NOT treif either.

Be considerate as you wish others to be considerate with your opinions.

Thank you.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 9:30 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
GR wrote:
I grew up OOT, not keeping bishul yisroel. Most people (Lubavitchers) I know OOT with few exceptions (I can think of ONE family), don't keep bishul yisroel.

Bishul akum is NOT treif just like chalav akum (stam) is NOT treif either.

Be considerate with others just like you wish others to be considerate with you.

Thank you.

Op, please edit the first post, so people who read only the first post and respond will know it's an error.

Tova

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 9:34 pm
What are the heterim for bishul akum?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 9:37 pm
Bishul akum IS treif, and it will ossur your keilim, as I said before. (I go to a LOT of shiurim in dinim.)

Has NOTHING to do with cholov STAM.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 9:56 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Bishul akum IS treif, and it will ossur your keilim, as I said before. (I go to a LOT of shiurim in dinim.)

Has NOTHING to do with cholov STAM.

Please, don't pasken for everyone. Everyone here holds differently.

As I respect where you hold, respect other where they hold. And one is not neccesarily better than the other.

gryp

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 10:04 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
GR wrote:

Okay. I made a stupid comment. I forgot who I was talking to. I shouldn't have. I corrected myself. I hope it's clear. I was talking slang and not using proper terms.

BinahYeteirah

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 10:05 pm
I say this with all possible respect, but are there really any heterim to not keep bishul yisroel? There are different shittos about what foods need to be bishul yisroel, some more strict, some less so, but I don't know of any that state that the entire concept of bishul yisroel doesn't need to be considered. AFAIK, bishul yisroel is actually stricter, in general, in halacha than the issues of pas yisroel or chalav yisorel. Both pas yisroel and chalav yisroel have well-known heterim that allow eating pas palter or chalav stam. I have never heard the like about bishul yisroel.

As was already posted, regular heksherim, like the OU, chof-K, OK, etc. all take matters of bishul yisroel in to account when certifying products. The issue is whether or not the bishul yisroel shita that they use is the same as the one that your rav recommends.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 10:09 pm
As I said, I go to a lot of shiurim in kashrus. I've also worked in kashrus for a lot of my life. no one holds that bishul akum is kosher. no one.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 10:12 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
As I said, I go to a lot of shiurim in kashrus. I've also worked in kashrus for a lot of my life. no one holds that bishul akum is kosher. no one.

Sorry, but there you are wrong AGAIN. Please stop paskening.

Please

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 10:12 pm
I am neither poskining nor wrong.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 10:16 pm
You. Are. Doing. Both.

Just relax and stop, please.

Tova

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 11:08 pm
BinahYeteirah wrote:
I say this with all possible respect, but are there really any heterim to not keep bishul yisroel? There are different shittos about what foods need to be bishul yisroel, some more strict, some less so, but I don't know of any that state that the entire concept of bishul yisroel doesn't need to be considered. AFAIK, bishul yisroel is actually stricter, in general, in halacha than the issues of pas yisroel or chalav yisorel. Both pas yisroel and chalav yisroel have well-known heterim that allow eating pas palter or chalav stam. I have never heard the like about bishul yisroel.

As was already posted, regular heksherim, like the OU, chof-K, OK, etc. all take matters of bishul yisroel in to account when certifying products. The issue is whether or not the bishul yisroel shita that they use is the same as the one that your rav recommends.

Thumbs Up

Chocoholic, I asked this previously - what are the heterim for bishul akum? [Of course in a makom sakana one can eat anything; I think it is clear we are not talking about that.]

joy613

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 4:57 am
Chocoholic wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

Sorry, but there you are wrong AGAIN. Please stop paskening.

Please

If you are so sure that bishul akum is ok, why dont you please share with us how you know about it and where others here can find heterim for it.

It could be you're just mixed up about the different aspects of this topic.
There is the halacha of keeping bishul yisrael for foods that can't be eaten raw and that are oleh al shulchan melachim. There are however, different ideas of which food actually fit this bill and that is what a lot of this argument is about. there are also different shittos on how bishul yisrael can be accomplished (jew turning on the fire, lighting the pilot, actually do some cooking, etc)

I really don't think there is anyone that holds you don't need to keep bishul yisrael.

shabri

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 10:49 am
Even my parents pretty MO rav when asked abt the cleaning lady making eggs in their home said they needed to kasher the pot.

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 10:51 am
shabri wrote:
Even my parents pretty MO rav when asked abt the cleaning lady making eggs in their home said they needed to kasher the pot.

MO doesn't equal lenient, and eggs are a different story altogether.

sped

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 11:13 am
Why are EGGS different??
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen