Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Sleeping problem

elkie

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 7:33 am
Please help!!
Our twin girls are 3 yr. Old. And we just moved them to big beds. It is absolute disaster. They cry and don't want to go to sleep by themself. So I usually sit in their room for at least an hour. Then during the night they wake up at least few times crying that someone should be with them in the room. I forgot when I slept the whole night last. I get so tired by the time morning is here. I woul maybe let them cry, but I have other kids in the house. What shoulD I do? Any advice?

hila

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 7:48 am
Prizes and competition !
Make a star chart - with a a good prize at the end - say for going to bed with no crying. a week's stars get the prize

hopefully they will compete for the prize

Sleeping through the night - extra star.

I am sure others will have more ideas

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 11:28 am
What about a soft friend or other toy to sleep with them in their new beds ? Did they get to choose their own sheets ?

elkie

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 6:38 pm
I feel they are too small for prizes. They don't really understand. I tried to buy them with lolly pops, but as soon they are in bed, it is impossible to talk to them, they are just crying that someone should be with them in the room.
Also they have their blankies with them and their new linen, that they like. They don't like to sleep with soft toys. Usually it ends up on the floor.

Any other advices.

Blue jay

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 7:57 pm
hmmm... so its the beds they dont like.

Here are some options that I did with my twins when we switched to big beds.

1. Have them share the same bed for a few nights with lots of their favorite comfort toys. They may find comfort in each other and get used to the beds .

2. Sleep in their room with them for a couple of nights. Use an air mattress or put an old mattress on the floor ( I still have one handy in my twins room as well) this way you would get some sleep. Eventually you start to leave their room when their sleeping.

3. If you choose to let them deal with this change cold turkey then ezpect some tears but keep checking in on them to assure them that your still there .. Give it about 2 weeks and they will finally understand.

4. A new fancy night lite might do the trick as well.

good luck

Kumphort

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 3:07 pm
I would try and avoid letting them fall asleep while you are in the room, try sitting next to them for 5 mins, then move to the door for five minutes, then outside their room for 5 mins etc. this way they know that you are near, and don't NEED you to fall back asleep when they wake up.

I've also gotten this nite lite for my kids, they can bring it into their beds.

http://www.getmobi.com/tykelight_glomate.php

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 1:23 am
You can also try putting htem in one bed. Mine still sleep together sometimes and they just turned 6. At different points they slept head to toe or next to each other.

I also agree about going out and letting them pick something. The sheets, a cuddly toy, something for going into the new beds special for night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more