Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Anyone know how to make pareve lychee ice cream?

Raisin

Post Tue, Feb 23 2010, 9:31 am
???? Need to know asap. Reliable, good recipe please! Someone mentioned one to me involving vanilla pudding mix.

smileyface

Post Tue, Feb 23 2010, 2:46 pm
Do you have an ice cream maker if yes you can try this, just use pareve whip instead of the heavy cream

Lychee Ice Cream
Serves 6-8

•1 20oz can lychees
•1 pint heavy cream
•1/4 cup sugar
•juice from 1/2 lime
Drain the lychees, reserving their syrup. Coarsely chop the lychee then combine all ingredients including the reserved syrup. Freeze according to the directions for your ice cream maker.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 5:03 am
I tend to make just as sorbet. It's super easy if you have an (pre-chilled) icecream machine. You just puree tinned lychee BOTH syrup and fruits (actually more flavourful than fresh ones, less hassle to remove that big stones in the middle, no need to add sugar), and I just pour into the machine. You can add raw egg white or kosher gelatine dissolved in hot water if you want it bulky/slower to melt but I usually don't bother. It's delicious.

I assume you should be able to do the same substitute Alpro soya single cream with some of syrup (may need to adj for sweetness).

Raisin

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 5:25 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
I tend to make just as sorbet. It's super easy if you have an (pre-chilled) icecream machine. You just puree tinned lychee BOTH syrup and fruits (actually more flavourful than fresh ones, less hassle to remove that big stones in the middle, no need to add sugar), and I just pour into the machine. You can add raw egg white or kosher gelatine dissolved in hot water if you want it bulky/slower to melt but I usually don't bother. It's delicious.

I assume you should be able to do the same substitute Alpro soya single cream with some of syrup (may need to adj for sweetness).

I do have a very small ice cream machine but I need to make a large amount. I really need a recipe without an ice cream machine.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 5:34 am
Then the only way is to freeze the pureed lychee (fruits and syrup) with parve whip in a tub, scrape/fluff it up once or twice before things get solidly frozen. Then you may have to fluff again before serving. For this, you should consider adding whipped egg whites. Personally I think it may make more sense to do 2 batches in the icecream machine (mine yield about 1-1.5pts).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen