Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Chizuk before Purim

amother

Post Fri, Feb 26 2010, 3:33 am
I have been doing well (for me) in terms of keeping my weight under control this pregnancy. I always seem to spiral out of control Purim time. I just can't deal with all the food and junk and I end up eating too much and gaining a ton of weight during the days leading up to and after Purim. I need chizuk- it's having all this junk around!!!

Any tips? They could be general diet tips or something that you have done to help yourself not overeat Purim time.

THANKS

Mrs.K

Post Fri, Feb 26 2010, 3:44 am
1. I only buy what I need. I'm making 30 Mishloach Manos, I bought 30 of everything so I can't even steal 1.

2. I pick ONE fattening thing I will eat. I look at what we received, pick my favorite thing, and that's my treat for the day. I don't feel deprived because I ate the healthy stuff all day. People give very yummy salads, fruits, etc.

3. After Purim, the kids keep what they want for themselves, the rest goes directly to Tzedakah so there's nothing left in the house for me. You can also just buy less then you need and recycle what you receive.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 26 2010, 7:14 am
amother wrote:
and gaining a ton of weight

Isn't a ton = 1000 lbs? You cna't be eating THAT much extra food !

JessicaA622

Post Fri, Feb 26 2010, 10:11 am
Mrs.K wrote:
1. I only buy what I need. I'm making 30 Mishloach Manos, I bought 30 of everything so I can't even steal 1.

2. I pick ONE fattening thing I will eat. I look at what we received, pick my favorite thing, and that's my treat for the day. I don't feel deprived because I ate the healthy stuff all day. People give very yummy salads, fruits, etc.

3. After Purim, the kids keep what they want for themselves, the rest goes directly to Tzedakah so there's nothing left in the house for me. You can also just buy less then you need and recycle what you receive.

Definitely agree with the 2nd one. That's what I'm going to do this year. Though it will more likely be one overly-sugary thing, than a fattening thing.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Feb 26 2010, 10:38 am
I find the hard part running all over town and then not eating the right foods. Try to eat a light healthy fulling breakfast so you only used a few calories and eat the healthy stuff at the parties and wherever you are.Make sure to eat a fulling meal so you won't nibble all day. It's hard for most of us.

MrsDash

Post Fri, Feb 26 2010, 11:14 am
chocolate moose wrote:
amother wrote:
and gaining a ton of weight

Isn't a ton = 1000 lbs? You cna't be eating THAT much extra food !

It's more like 2000 pounds Wink

Also the term, "ton" can be informally defined as describing a large quantity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise