Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Getting packages to Israel

MomMe

Post Sun, Mar 07 2010, 3:04 am
We haven't gone back to America in a long time and haven't had any visitors in awhile either, but the grandparents would like to send a small-medium package of stuff to Israel (we live in J'lem) for our kids for the summer. I'm finding that as our friends' families grow and airlines get stricter and more expensive, fewer and fewer people are able/willing to schlepp a package on the plane. Everything they want to send can be examined and would be enclosed in a clear, ziploc bag.

Does anyone know of another way, like a less expensive courier or delivery service that won't be as costly as regular mail?

I'd appreciate hearing any ideas you might have!

jackiejoel3

Post Sun, Mar 07 2010, 3:07 am
Do you know any Bochurim or Seminary Girls? A ton of them are heading to the states in the next week or so and are usually happy to bring something back for a family that has hosted them. Then all your parents have to do is get the package to them in the states. Most of them are so happy to be able to do something in return for you.

MomMe

Post Sun, Mar 07 2010, 4:02 am
Yeah, we've asked bachurim in the past, but this year we don't know any going for Pesach who aren't already full. That's why I'm looking for a courier service or something paid, if such a thing exists.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions