Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
What do you eat for breakfast on Peasch?
1  2  Next

shaini

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 2:33 am
Any suggestions for breakfast foods during Pesach Question I eat gebrochts but totally dislike the pakaged cereals Sad . During the year I eat cereals that are low fat and very high fibre. What can I do?

shalhevet

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 2:35 am
Salad and cottage cheese. Matza, omelettes, leben for those who want.

willow

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 2:35 am
Different kinds of eggs omelet. Matzoh with different spread avocado, cream cheese, different hard cheeses, jelly.... yogurts

sequoia

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 2:43 am
Tinned fish, matzah with spreads.

Since you won't be eating the high-fiber cereal for a week I suggest upping your fruit, vegetable, and dried fruit intake. It'll be okay.

Seraph

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 2:53 am
You can make matza meal "oatmeal".

Marion

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 3:38 am
Pancakes. Crepes. Matza with jam (for the kids) or charoset. Yogurt. Cheese. Hard boiled eggs. Fruit. Veggies. Matza brie (occasionally; the kids prefer the pancakes).

lizard8

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 6:22 am
On Y't itself, I usually don't eat breakfast-just coffee, but sometimes a yogurt. The other days I always have a difficult time, so try to eat anything but matzah (don't want to wash too much). I guess I have eggs, salad, yogurt, cottage cheese...
I know a lot of people who love matzah and milk (with sugar added). It is not gebrocts because milk has no water in it.

tweety99

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 7:30 am
last year I had a fruit salad. I find that if I have matza for breakfast I get constipated.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 7:59 am
we make rolls so we have them for breakfast and/or lunch sometimes.

there is always yogurt, matzah brei (think french toast but with matzah crushed up) cottage cheese, egg. there are so many options

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 8:03 am
I know someone who bakes Kosher L'Pesach rolls every morning and serves them for breakfast every morning with different spreads. I'm thinking about doing that but making "pesachdik' rolls seems so strange for me. My kids would like that though ............ plus it would impress our company! What do you guys think?????

sarahd

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 8:58 am
When I ate gebrochts, I had matza coffee just about every morning for breakfast.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 9:05 am
my favorite is strawberries, bananas & sour cream/cottage cheese.

otherwise we have eggs with vegetables or yogurt. I stay far away from matzah when it isn't necessary. It doesn't do pretty things to my digestion.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 9:20 am
TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:
I know someone who bakes Kosher L'Pesach rolls every morning and serves them for breakfast every morning with different spreads. I'm thinking about doing that but making "pesachdik' rolls seems so strange for me. My kids would like that though ............ plus it would impress our company! What do you guys think?????

That's because matzah rolls/matzah bagels go hard and stale rather quickly. Think of that as baked matzah rolls. It's quite nice when it's freshly out of the oven but less so after 2 days. People seem to like them and they're very easy to make.

It's just loaded with eggs and oil, though...

4ofus

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 9:51 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:

That's because matzah rolls/matzah bagels go hard and stale rather quickly. Think of that as baked matzah rolls. It's quite nice when it's freshly out of the oven but less so after 2 days. People seem to like them and they're very easy to make.

It's just loaded with eggs and oil, though...

Do you have a recipe please! Smile

justanothermother

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 10:28 am
Last year I bought a milichig blender and made smoothies for breakfast.
Vanilla yogurt, milk, banana and frozen strawberries or frozen peaches.

On YT we had blintzes or scrambled eggs with fruit, on Shabbos we had cake.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 10:29 am
justanothermother wrote:
Last year I bought a milichig blender and made smoothies for breakfast.
Vanilla yogurt, milk, banana and frozen strawberries or frozen peaches.

On YT we had blintzes or scrambled eggs with fruit, on Shabbos we had cake.

yum!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 10:37 am
I toyed with the idea of keeping my newly purchased blender for Pesach, but in America we have so much yomtov and Shabbos that it wasn't worth it.

DH eats fruit salad, apple sauce, or pear sauce for brekfast; sprinkled with nuts. I have coffee or yogurt depending on the day.

Simple1

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 11:11 am
My kids live on matza & cheese scrambled eggs - break up the matza and mix with egg and a little liquid and make like scrambled eggs, add in cheese at the end.
We also like "matza cereal" -broken matza pieces with milk. - You can even add sugar if you like your cereal sweet.

Simple1

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 11:14 am
This is more like lunch, but I'll put it here any way: we love Matza pizza - just spread tomato sauce and sprinkle on shredded cheese and bake until melted.

Imaof6

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 11:15 am
egg white omelets with toppings.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics