Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
What do you eat for breakfast on Peasch?
Previous  1  2

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 11:19 am
Cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, matzah with cheese or cream cheese.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 11:51 am
Eggs, eggs and more eggs.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 12:27 pm
eggs with cheese ... egs with potatos ......

hadasa

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 2:18 pm
deleted triple post

Last edited by hadasa on Mon, Mar 08 2010, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

hadasa

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 2:20 pm
Our standard is potato omelet, basically cooked potatoes mixed with eggs and fried. Dh likes it with squeezed lemon. I try to make a vegie salad on the side. An other option is bananas and/or other fruit, applesauce.

May

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 7:30 pm
I know a family that makes waffles! They use a recipe for Pesachdik pancakes and make them in a waffle maker!

mominlkwd

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 7:37 pm
I'm trying to decide if pesachdik waffles sound good or bad.

We have eggs, leben, yogurt, matzah with jam or cream cheese. I have made pesachdik rolls or popovers. They are a little bit of a patchke, the kids and dh love them though so it's usually worth it. I happen to think they are pretty gross Puke

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 9:56 pm
I make a big fulling breakfast duringh chol hamoed. I make scrambled eggs,butter on matzo, vegetables, and cheese. For the yom tov mornings its usually cake and milk.

yummydd

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 10:38 pm
This is what my mother serves:
Eggs (in any version), Vegetable salad (peeled tomatoes), avacado, cheese and butter, Matzah, Sometimes Latkes, cake, coffee hmm wonder if I forgot anything?

shaini

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 4:54 am
Thanks to everyone who posted a reply to my question. If time permits I'll try some rolls and pancakes otherwise I'll work my way through your wonderful suggestions.

freidasima

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 4:59 am
fruit salad and hard boiled eggs. Simple to prepare in advance if necessary and just take out of the fridge.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 6:43 am
Passover rolls/bagels

1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups matzoh meal
4 eggs

Bring water, oil, sugar and salt to a boil. After it has reached the boiling point, remove from heat and add the matzoh meal - it will be stiff. Then add eggs ONE AT A TIME. Let batter rest for a litte while. Then, shape them into balls and place them on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees until slightly browned on top for 45-50 minutes--since all oven temperatures vary, check on them after 40 minutes to make sure they are nicely browned. They are absolutely delicious. (I generally got either 10 or 12 out of one batch). Best served still hot from the oven, split in half with jam and/or cream cheese. You can keep in a ziplock bag (after they cooldown) for a day or two. Or can be frozen AFTER they're baked but you'll need to "freshen up" by reheating in an oven wrapped in foil.

It is remarkable the recipe has few ingredients and still get nice consistency. Best bit is NO MATZA CRUMBS all over the house!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics