Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Yaffa wigs being sold on Ebay
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Meema2Kids

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 2:47 pm
I just received mine that I ordered. I've only just tried it on, not really worn it out, but so far I'm happy, especially considering the price I paid. I bought multi custom long, a blond color and had it dyed to match my hair color. It's darker than I expected but I'm defnitely satified with the color (I had fears it was going to look too light on me).

Hannah!

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 1:54 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, Feb 19 2008, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

mannyzmom

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 12:17 pm
I dont know if anyone is looking at this topic anymore but wanted to let u guys know that I bought a yaffa wig from the ebay store for only 100$ including shipping! and it is beautiful! it looks great and the hair is silky and soft. the part I mult-directional. the woman who sells them was very helpful through email.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 12:29 pm
How do you know if it has a multi-directional top? I can't tell from looking at their pictures?

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 12:37 pm
It'll say if it's multi-directional.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 1:37 pm
MIne also said multi top..but it didn't look good each way. Take it with a grain of salt.

mannyzmom

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 1:54 pm
I think if the part doesnt look good everyway - it could just be because it doesnt suit you. for ex. I look better in a side part than a middle part so I use the side part and not the middle part. but its good to have multi directional top incase one type of part doesnt look good you can style it another way. also good if you want a change, you can also make bangs if u want....

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 3:39 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
My experience with Yaffa's human hair (not custom) wigs is that they're knotty and have a lot of hair that needs to be thinned. It could be the more they're thinned, the less knottier they'll be. I had a fall converted from a sheitel I bought from them and I think I need to thin it out more. It also constantly needs brushing, which is really annoying.

you had a headband fall changed to a reg full sheitel or the opposite? I have a headband fall that I would love if I can get it changed to a full but I'm not sure if it would be worth it monetarily. maybe I should just get a new sheitel.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 1:39 pm
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
My experience with Yaffa's human hair (not custom) wigs is that they're knotty and have a lot of hair that needs to be thinned. It could be the more they're thinned, the less knottier they'll be. I had a fall converted from a sheitel I bought from them and I think I need to thin it out more. It also constantly needs brushing, which is really annoying.

you had a headband fall changed to a reg full sheitel or the opposite? I have a headband fall that I would love if I can get it changed to a full but I'm not sure if it would be worth it monetarily. maybe I should just get a new sheitel.

Full -> fall.
I know someone who made her sheitel from fall -> full and it looks stunning.
If you have good hair on the fall, and it doesn't need lots of "refurbishing" and will last a few years, it might be worth it to get converted for a couple hundred rather than spend much more $ on a sheitel that will last you just as long.

Gsanmb

Post Mon, Sep 24 2007, 7:32 pm
I bought one. I paid under $100 including shipping. So far, so good. It had to be thinned out considerably but my sheitel macher doesn't charge a fortune. I may make it into a fall eventually, have to see. But I've never had a new sheitel before (only gotten them from others) as we could not afford it, so this was worth a shot.

I'll report back in a few months. It's going to be my "every day" sheitel, since I have a gorgeous Freeda that was given to me but it's a little frail in the cap, so I only wear it on Shabbos/Yom tov.

mugsisme

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 7:28 pm
Meema2Kids wrote:
I just received mine that I ordered. I've only just tried it on, not really worn it out, but so far I'm happy, especially considering the price I paid. I bought multi custom long, a blond color and had it dyed to match my hair color. It's darker than I expected but I'm defnitely satified with the color (I had fears it was going to look too light on me).

It has been a while now since you had the shaitel. How do you like it? Did it hold up well to use? Are you still wearing it?

Leah

Gsanmb

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 7:32 pm
Ach, mine got handed over to the sheitel gemach after a couple weeks. I should not have bought curly, and for some reason the hair was very itchy.

Ah, well, what can you do? Rolling Eyes Chalk it up to a kapparah and someone else can have a very nice nearly new sheitel from a gemach.

yogajew

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 4:01 am
Has anyone else bought one of these wigs recently? I'm reviving the topic because I'm really interested in getting a cheap sheitel (around 500 bucks) online to wear to work.

jayne

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:27 am
I'm very happy with a sheitel I bought from savvysheitel.com. When I had it cut, the sheitelmacher said it was the best $500 I'll ever spend! I've had it for a year. It's great!

mommalah

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 8:08 am
jayne-

what style was it?

crbc

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 12:11 pm
I got two JACQUELYN wigs from tiffanybee on ebay. Some one on imamother mentioned her before, so I looked her up. I am very happy with both. They ones I got cost around 200 each and have european refined hair, one step below european virgin hair. Web Page Name

waterbottle

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 1:24 pm
I bought 2 really garbage (Under $60) dyed Asian hair fall and wavy sheitel. The fall was too heavy and I never wore it, and the curly sheitel was frizzy. I'm sure the nice European ones are in fact nice and European. In general I wouldn't buy a wig online unless it had a return policy.

yogajew

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 8:42 pm
I finally ordered a fall from yaffa wigs outlet. I haven't received it yet, but the proprietor also has an MSN group. http://groups.msn.com/YAFFAWIGSOUTLET/

The owner, Samantha is extremely nice and helpful, really a pleasure to deal with. I'll report back when the fall comes. I considered the price to be a bargain...350 dollars for a 22" kosher remy fall.

CedarIma

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 11:02 pm
I bought a hat fall from this seller. It was not custom, but I believe a Jacqueline or Judy human hair. It was straight, and supposed to be straight, but the second it gets wet it springs up into tight, knotty curls. I put a ton of gel in it and wear it as a curly fall, but have to wash it after every wearing for it to be normal. It also was much darker than her pics had looked. I wanted to return it, and figured this is what I get for like $125 and buying a sheitl on ebay!!! I have one I want to sell myself, and was thinking of posting it there...or is there a place on here to sell shaitl's? It's long, lt. brown with blond highlights, custom...just too small for my big head ;-) Hatzlacha!

HappyFamily

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 11:54 pm
leahrivka wrote:
I finally ordered a fall from yaffa wigs outlet. I haven't received it yet, but the proprietor also has an MSN group. http://groups.msn.com/YAFFAWIGSOUTLET/

The owner, Samantha is extremely nice and helpful, really a pleasure to deal with. I'll report back when the fall comes. I considered the price to be a bargain...350 dollars for a 22" kosher remy fall.

What's the return policy?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels