Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
So tangly!

speciwoman

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 3:22 pm
I have had my Yaffa fall for four years, and it always gets so tangled in the back, even after being freshly-washed. Suggestions? Do you think this speaks to the quality of the hair, or is this just normal? Anything I can do?

key

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 4:43 pm
someone just gave me advice on what to do with tangly shaitels.

she said her shaitel macher suggested "no more tangles" (usually used for kids) and brush it through.

otherwise make sure you brush your shaitel every time you put it on

6coop

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 7:50 pm
A lot of things can cause knotting and tangling in a sheitel: The lower the quality of the hair, the more it will tangle, but also as the hair ages and dries out it will tangle more. The longer the hair, the more it will tangle. Also, if you wear collars, it rubs against the back and tangles it more. People's sheitels tangle more it the winter both because it is drier and because they wear bigger collars and jackets that rub the hair.
Try using extra conditioner and moisturizing shampoos. Leave in conditioner like "No more tangles" are also great but dont use too much because then your sheitel will get dirtier faster.

Mommastuff

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 9:23 pm
the back hair may have been sewn in upside down so the cuticles stick out of tthe hair facing up, causing tangles. Maybe see if this is the case and you can have the hair "stripped" so it has smooth sides.

QUEENY

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 10:31 pm
First of all, I have a Yaffa shaitel that is soooo knotty, but at least I can brush it out. My other shaitel I can't even get a brush through it, I gave it back they claim they will change the hair. I heard that caonditioner may caude the knots so I would find out if that is true before you use so much of it.

6coop

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 12:12 am
Conditioner does not cause knots. It undoes knots which can also include the knots that tie the hair onto your sheitel net. Use a lot of conditioner on the hair, not on the net.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels