Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to Make Blue Eyes Pop?
1  2  Next

Bleemee

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 5:16 pm
If you're a makeup artist, or have blue eyes, what's the best (subtle) makeup that will really accentuate blue eyes? I would think bronze eyeshadow... any other ideas? Let's hear your tips!

Zus

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 5:36 pm
Blue liner under the eye.
The line should run from the outer corner till 1/4 or 1/2 of the iris.
You could also do it until where the eye lashes stop for a more '80s look. The other option is more subtle.

de_goldy

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 8:19 pm
I use a deep brown eyeliner under the eye, brown mascara top and bottom, and 2 natural shades of eyeshadow above.

When I tried using blue makeup products it did NOT have the desired affect on my eyes.

chaylizi

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 8:53 pm
maybe it depends what shade of blue your eyes are. my eyes are very dark blue & they look very nice with blue liner.

de_goldy

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 9:01 pm
mine are very bright blue and do better with browns.

amother

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 10:10 pm
I know this is totally not the answer you're looking for but I just read this in the readers digest and thought it was funny.

How do you make blue eyes pop?
Well, you tie a nice scarf really tight around the neck Very Happy

amother

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 10:23 pm
Or dye your hair very dark.
Dark hair and blue eyes ..............................................................my favorite combination.

happyone

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 6:03 am
amother wrote:
I know this is totally not the answer you're looking for but I just read this in the readers digest and thought it was funny.

LOL

GoodEnough

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 6:07 am
amother wrote:

like this shock

amother

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 8:48 am
What does it mean to make your eyes "pop"?

lamplighter

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 2:07 pm
Bronze colors and brown works with me.

I do use blue eyeliner sometimes.

mosma

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 3:25 pm
I use bronze eyeshadow.
I have very pale blue eyes and using blue liner makes me look odd, and blue eyeshadow makes me look like I've been punched.
I use a very dark black eyeliner and I find it makes my eyes look even more blue.

CutiePatutie

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 5:05 pm
I am a make up artist and yes- it does depend on the shade of blue, as well as skin color and hair color. my mom has stunning light blue eyes with brown hair and she looks best with borwn eyeliner and bronze eye shadow. she wears blue on a daily basis but the brown is so much nicer because of the contrast, really does make her eyes stick out.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 5:30 pm
amother wrote:

LOL

reed

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:00 pm
amother wrote:
Or dye your hair very dark.
Dark hair and blue eyes ..............................................................my favorite combination.

A relative just bought a new wig, darker than she usually wears. One of the first comments she got was "I never knew you had blue eyes!"

mrgigglesmom

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:31 pm
ooh I love blue eyes!!! I wear two natural shades of eye shadow with grey in the crease - balck eyeliner and heavy on mascara.. whenever I wear this combo ppl think I got my makeup done... go figure!!!

neverbored

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:39 pm
For my blue eyes, mascara was the #1 beauty product that accentuated my eyes the most. All of a sudden even my mother asked if I had my face done.

CutiePatutie

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 3:37 pm
neverbored wrote:
For my blue eyes, mascara was the #1 beauty product that accentuated my eyes the most. All of a sudden even my mother asked if I had my face done.

mascara will do that to anyone's eyes- no matter what color. best to curl the lashed then apply mascara to every single eyelash, will really open up the eyes.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 3:39 pm
My eyes are a pretty shade of blue, but rather small. Is there anything I can do to give the impression they are bigger?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 3:48 pm
amother wrote:
My eyes are a pretty shade of blue, but rather small. Is there anything I can do to give the impression they are bigger?

If you put eyeliner only half way around the outer half of your eyes, it makes your eyes look bigger.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics