Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How to keep pre tieds from sliding off.

midwoodmom

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 8:15 pm
I have purchased many different fabric types and sizes of the pre tied head coverings with the elastic in the back and I tuck in my hair, and there are two or three hanging things to tie in the back. For some reason, they are always sliding off, whether my hair is wet or dry. I can only wear them around the house while cooking or cleaning. I could never wear them out of the house to walk or shop for fear that they slip off. I've tried bobby pins, etc But they slowly slip off exposing more and more of my hair. What are other options? I have also tried the Israeli big head scarves that you tie yourself and have practiced over and over, and besides being very difficult to tie properly, they also slide off. Please all replies are welcome.

6coop

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 9:17 pm
I hate when they slide off! Try wearing one of those cotton headbands (like a t-shirt material)underneath, so the tichel will stick to the headband -this works for me. Also you can try clips instead of bobby pins. Another thing that I've never tried, but should work, would be to sew a sheitel clip in the inside of your tichel so that you can clip it to your hair.

imeinu

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:54 pm
I sell multiple brands of Pre-Tieds and it's a common problem that Pre-tieds slip. What I find is that just as important as the particular fabric typs vs your hair texture is the fit. Every Brand has a particular fit. I find that women with smaller heads generally like the fit of DaCee Designs Pre-tieds they find they stay on their heads best. DaCee is a drop more expensive but from what you describe in your case it may be worth it.
Hope I was a help

midwoodmom

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 8:14 pm
Thank you so much for you help, imeinu and 6coop. I will try what you suggested. I do use a little conditioner when I wash my hair. but I rinse it out. But the sliding happens whether my hair is wet or dry, brushed or messy. I like to have it slightly wet because the front of my hair is all broken from the sheitel clips and combs. And having it wet, tames those ends and keeps them in. But I will try to check out that other brand. Thanks

MimiMommy

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 8:22 pm
I only wear tichels so have experience with this, and this is my NO-FAIL solution to slipping pre-tieds and tichels: take an old pair of tights/stockings that you don't want anymore. Cut off the legs part so you're left with just the waistband (about 4 inches or so). Put your hair in a ponytail and slip the waistband over your head (I know, can't believe the same thing can fit around your head and your waist!). Wear the tichel over it. This really works for me. I don't usually need it under my pretieds-- those I just tie tightly and they don't tend to slip off, but sometimes I do need it. I've bought the cotton caps they sell that are supposed to help with this but they don't work at all for me. The waistband is much tighter and has great friction. Hope this helps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels