Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Please help me test my website.
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 12:44 am
bnm wrote:
this is from dreamweaver's help thingy...

It's like trying to read a foreign language at this point. To make the site look and work like I see it in my head I believe I will need to learn how to insert div tags manually and then apply CSS positioning styles to them. The problem is, I don't even know what I just wrote there. But who has time to read tutorials when I have shelves crying out to be relined and closets begging for organization.

bnm

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 12:51 am
amother wrote:
bnm wrote:
this is from dreamweaver's help thingy...

It's like trying to read a foreign language at this point. To make the site look and work like I see it in my head I believe I will need to learn how to insert div tags manually and then apply CSS positioning styles to them. The problem is, I don't even know what I just wrote there. But who has time to read tutorials when I have shelves crying out to be relined and closets begging for organization.

go clean for pesach! I'll climb up to my book shelve and see what I have on dreamweaver, I think its the only book I kept besides the Quark one-and now I don't even own Quark!

Plonis

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 1:03 am
Amother, if you want, pm me with the source code for your site and I can put in the div tags and whatnot manually.

leili

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 9:57 pm
center the body and put some margin on top
(from a web designer)

avigayil

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 11:01 pm
Hi Chani,
I do like it.
You give great info.
I would just try and use up the extra space you have with more of your work.

Things are all on one side.
Other than that, I love it.
Good luck!

Blimi

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 5:27 pm
wow! I wish I could send my kids to you!
your classes looks so inviting.
Just remember that having a website is the first step but it won't do you much good if no one is ever going to look at it.
Sooooo.... you need to start promoting your site. I don't know if "Girls Art Classes in Kew Gardens" gets much mileage in the search engines. But it is probably still worthwhile to sign up with Google Local.
The best thing for this kind of biz is to create a signature that includes your name, slogan and web address and include it at the bottom of every email you send and every post on this forum and any other community list you are part of.
Also facebook can be great, if you use it. You create a page for "The Sunday Studio" ask all your friends and relatives to "like" it, and before you know it hundreds of people in your demographic and geographic target group will be discovering the Sunday Studio.
I don't use facebook much, but for promoting a business it is the most incredible free, targeted advertising imaginable. You would not believe the project I just got through the facebook page that my friend made me set up. There is no way the client would have found me without facebook. Baruch Hashem, I am very grateful.
Behatzlacha Chani!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers