Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Marble Cake
1  2  Next

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 11:37 pm
I'm searching for a really good marble cake recipe with oil.
Anybody have one?

Lady Godiva

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 3:25 pm
Still searching...

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 5:43 pm
duncan hines cake mix.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 6:14 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
I'm searching for a really good marble cake recipe with oil.
Anybody have one?

mandksima once mentioned that she has a good marble cake recipe that calls for oil.
PM her for the recipe, and then post here please Smile

cherry

Post Sat, Mar 20 2010, 5:50 pm
Here's a very easy and tasty recipe for marble cake:
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 cup oil
1 cup juice (pineapple or apple)
2 tsp. vanilla flavour
3 tsp. baking powder
pich of salt

Beat the eggs (no need to separate), add sugar and vanilla and continue beating, mix in oil, baking powder, flour, juice and salt.
Pour in pan, leaving some of the mixture aside to which you will add 1/2 cup cocoa for marble
bake for about 45 min.
Enjoy!

Motheroftwins

Post Sat, Mar 20 2010, 10:55 pm
Here is a fantastic recipe for Marble Cake - tastes just like the bakery cakes!

2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup sugar, divided
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
7 eggs, separated
3/4 cup water
2 tsp vanilla

1. Beat egg whites on medium speed. Gradually add in 1/2 cup sugar. Continue beating until completely stiff, around 15 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the middle and add egg yolks, water, vanilla and oil. Mix for 5 minutes, or until completely combined.
3. Fold egg whites into the yellow mixture.
4. Pour batter into UNGREASED Tube Pan (the one where the middle comes out). Leave over around 1/3 cup batter. Add cocoa powder to this remaining batter. Pour into the cake and swirl with a knife.
5. Bake at 325 for around 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Turn pan upside down on a bottle until cake cools. Run knife around the edges and remove from pan.
ENJOY!

Merrymom

Post Sat, Mar 20 2010, 11:16 pm
Motheroftwins wrote:
Here is a fantastic recipe for Marble Cake - tastes just like the bakery cakes!

2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup sugar, divided
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
7 eggs, separated
3/4 cup water
2 tsp vanilla

1. Beat egg whites on medium speed. Gradually add in 1/2 cup sugar. Continue beating until completely stiff, around 15 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the middle and add egg yolks, water, vanilla and oil. Mix for 5 minutes, or until completely combined.
3. Fold egg whites into the yellow mixture.
4. Pour batter into UNGREASED Tube Pan (the one where the middle comes out). Leave over around 1/3 cup batter. Add cocoa powder to this remaining batter. Pour into the cake and swirl with a knife.
5. Bake at 325 for around 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Turn pan upside down on a bottle until cake cools. Run knife around the edges and remove from pan.
ENJOY!

How much cocoa powder?

Motheroftwins

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 10:40 am
I never do it because my family likes it sponge cake. But, I believe you start with a tablespoon at a time and mix it and if it needs more add a little at a time.

AZmom09

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 10:50 am
I have a great marble cake recipe. If still need one, let me know!

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 10:58 am
AZmom09 wrote:
I'll take another marble cake recipe that calls for oil and not margarine.

Tamiri

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:05 am
ra_mom wrote:
AZmom09 wrote:
I just made this on Thursday. It's about a mile high and wonderful. Don't make the glaze as it calls for margarine and doesn't come out good with oil.
http://www.hersheys.com/recipe.....er=50

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:18 am
Tamiri wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
AZmom09 wrote:
I just made this on Thursday. It's about a mile high and wonderful. Don't make the glaze as it calls for margarine and doesn't come out good with oil.
http://www.hersheys.com/recipe.....er=50
Thanks! That looks great!
I guess asking for an oil recipe that calls for whole eggs (not separated) is too much to ask for. Smile

Tamiri

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:24 am
ra_mom wrote:

I guess asking for an oil recipe that calls for whole eggs (not separated) is too much to ask for. Smile
Really RA, a talented balabusteh such as yourself? What's a few eggs to separate now and then? (I also get annoyed). I am sure you have a shitah, but what I do is: I first whip the white up in the mixer bowl, then transfer them to a plastic bowl. I don't wash the bowl from the mixer (you may want to wipe it out as the whites can cause tiny clumps in the batter); I mix all the rest of the ingredients in the unwashed bowl and then I CHEAT (shhhhhhhhhhhhhh): I fold the whites into the batter rather than folding the batter into the whites as the recipe demands.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:32 am
Tamiri wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

Really RA, a talented balabusteh such as yourself? What's a few eggs to separate now and then? (I also get annoyed). I am sure you have a shitah, but what I do is: I first whip the white up in the mixer bowl, then transfer them to a plastic bowl. I don't wash the bowl from the mixer (you may want to wipe it out as the whites can cause tiny clumps in the batter); I mix all the rest of the ingredients in the unwashed bowl and then I CHEAT (shhhhhhhhhhhhhh): I fold the whites into the batter rather than folding the batter into the whites as the recipe demands.
Lol.
If I don't have to separate the eggs, then I don't have to take out my mixer. All I need to make dirty is a bowl and a spoon LOL

AZmom09

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:47 am
My brother just called me about 5 mins ago for my mothers chocolate cake recipe, and right opposite it is the marble cake recipe!- So you're in luck, I have it in front of me right now...

1 cup sugar- I use 3/4 cup, you dont need the 1 cup- but if you like it sweeter...
5 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup hershey's instant cocoa (or any parve instant cocoa mix)- my mom uses 3/4 cup
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup oil
2 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup orange juice

Cream sugar and oil, add eggs one at a time. Beat well.

In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt. then add to sugar mixture alternating with vanilla and juice. Combine well.
Take hershey's (or any cocoa mix) and baking soda and combine with 1/2 white batter (I like mine more chocolate so I add more).

Pour white batter into well greased and floured tube pan. Then add chocolate batter with knife in swirls.

Bake for 1 hr at 350F
Test with toothpick. If comes out dry- its done!
Enjoy!

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:53 am
AZmom09 wrote:
My brother just called me about 5 mins ago for my mothers chocolate cake recipe, and right opposite it is the marble cake recipe!- So you're in luck, I have it in front of me right now...

1 cup sugar- I use 3/4 cup, you dont need the 1 cup- but if you like it sweeter...
5 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup hershey's instant cocoa (or any parve instant cocoa mix)- my mom uses 3/4 cup
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup oil
2 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup orange juice

In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt. then add to sugar mixture alternating with vanilla and juice. Combine well.
Take hershey's (or any cocoa mix) and baking soda and combine with 1/2 white batter (I like mine more chocolate so I add more).

Pour white batter into well greased and floured tube pan. Then add chocolate batter with knife in swirls.

Bake for 1 hr at 350F
Enjoy!

You use hot cocoa mix instead of cocoa?

AZmom09

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 12:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
AZmom09 wrote:

5 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup oil
2 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup orange juice

Bake for 1 hr at 350F
Enjoy!

Yup, not 1 cup cocoa powder, its 1 cup hot cocoa mix like..I'm in israel so I use elite cocoa mix

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 12:12 pm
AZmom09 wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
AZmom09 wrote:

5 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup oil
2 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup orange juice

Bake for 1 hr at 350F
Enjoy!

Yup, not 1 cup cocoa powder, its 1 cup hot cocoa mix like..I'm in israel so I use elite cocoa mix
Thank you.

AZmom09

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 12:14 pm
Let me know if you end up making it and how it is!
Mmm now im in the mood for marble cake!

Coffee3

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 9:23 am
Thank you guys. The last one I made came out terrible. I will have to try it again.

When the kids were in nursery we sent in Mabul cake for parshas Noah. It was a cute idea!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins