Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Do you read Binah or Mishpacha?

beshira

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 6:40 am
Which one do you think is better for the family and why? I am looking for a good magazine that my kids will also enjoy reading. Thanks for the feedback.

helena

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 7:28 am
BINAH IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOTHING CAN BEAT IT!!!!!!!!!!
EVERYONE I KNOW LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My husband buys it 4 me every thursday, and he said that his friends told him, that no binah=no friday night:-):-)

tweety99

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 8:04 am
if you were wanting to include your husband then id say the mishpacha is a better option.

I personally prefer the Binah over the mishpacha but the Binah is only for women. my husband wouldnt get anything out of it.

energy11

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 8:17 am
Since you posted under homeschool, I assume you want to know what fits more in terms of learning.
I would say that Binah by far is more interesting, hamonious and challenging (the good way) than Mishpacha.
I LOVE Mishpacha for myself, though.
I use both for quality reading/homeschool for the kids, and they all prefer Binah.

beshira

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 8:25 am
I actualy don't know how it got posted in home schooling. I guess I will figure it out. I got Mishpacha last week and there were great things for the kids and I liked it. I was just debating which to buy and I grabbed the Mishpacha. My kids liked the junior section which I was happy and they even had recipies there which I will use. I also want stuff that I can interact with them over Shabbes. But keep your answers coming. I want to chose one of them to read over Pesach. Although knowing me, I will probably buy both lol...

mommy24

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 8:29 am
I was in the same boat, couldn't figure it out, I bought each of them for a few weeks (alternating weeks for wach magazine) at the end I asked my kids to decide, they liked Binah better, I think htey liked the recipes and crafts that came in binah.

yummydd

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 8:35 am
I used to buy both, but didnt enjoy the binah so I stopped buying it and only get the mishpacha now.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 11:49 pm
I'm bumping this to ask: my child needs to be encouraged to read more and more-- he lags behind a lot. What age does the Junior geared to and which is the Bunch geared to?

Also, is there anything for teens in either one? When I borrow it from a neighbor, I've enjoyed both Mishpacha and Binah though lately I find Mishpacha is reverting to its former days when it was more Israeli style-- not my speed.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 11:55 pm
We buy Mishpacha, and get Binah from my friend. The Binah has alot of mother/woman articles - not so interesting, or s/t even not so appropriate, for a teen.
My teen dd's read all parts of Mishpacha cover to cover. My dh flips through it. (main part). A teen section is published a few times a yr, one coming this week. The Junior Mishpacha is preferred by my kids, I think cuz it's less busy, laid out more clearly. There are at least 2 stories my 1st grader can read on her own.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 12:01 am
If its a young child then Bina childrens section. If its an adolescent who is very smart, then definitely Zman magazine w/o a doubt..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling