Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Considering an online business

avigayil

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 10:59 pm
Hi Moms!
I am thinking about having an online business. I am unsure about what to do though.
I need ideas. Any business savy moms, please advise!

I am in the U.S., college educated, but home with small kids and need ideas.
Thank you!

Blimi

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 5:12 pm
Running an online biz is the best job in the world, as far as I'm concerned. But it's definitely not for everyone.
To succeed you need:
1. A lot of patience, persistence and determination
2. To be self-motivated - no one is going to make you DO IT except you.
3. To be able to handle uncertainty - you might spend a lot of time wondering where all this is taking you and whether it is not just a giant waste of time. If the thought of living without knowing what will be for an extended period of time makes you nauseous, you are going to have a hard time.
4. To not be in desperate need of money RIGHT NOW. It will almost certainly take some time to really begin earning.
5. You enjoy teaching yourself new things and working REALLY hard.
If you pass the above test, then an online biz might be great for you.
I have lots more concrete ideas about how to get started. It is a mad, bad world out there and there is so much to learn.
For a total newbie, I would recommend SiteBuildIt!
If you are interested, I'll tell you why.
Behatzlacha!

e-bay

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 4:58 pm
Hello,

I am selling on e-bay. I love it. I sell anything I can find. I started with things in my house I did not want or need anymore, some where used, & spesified what the condition is. If you can get something below wholesale It is the perfect place. Amazon is very good too.

Need more advice e-mail me hindy104@hotmail.com.

mom8

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 3:09 am
I just joined an MLM.
Great Product.
Check it out.
pm me for details

ewa-jo

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 3:34 am
My parents have been in the MLM buinsess for 20 years.. it does work, but you need to be critical of the company you are working for. Stay away from any MLM which requires a big up-front cost to sign up and which requires you to buy a certain amount of products every month. Shady business models rely on recruitment for income, instead of selling products. They are 'selling the business' and push recruitment because they get a hefty bonus from each new person that signs up. They will push, push, push you to sign up and then not offer any support afterwards, since they're already got money from you.

More importantly, evaluate the products in terms of whether or not *YOU* would actually use them and buy them regularly at the price they are offered for. Don't believe anyone's hype about how well something sells if you would not use the products and/or you think it's too expensive for your friends/ family/ community to actually buy. There are some popular new MLMs that sell antioxidant juice drinks, which sound nice and healthy, but it's $40 for a bottle of juice. We don't pay that much for wine! I don't know a soul who would actually buy $40 juice.

I have been selling on ebay for 6 years and make a real business out of it. Because people have asked me about it, I put up a blog about it. Most of the information is general ebay info, not actually anything specific to Israel.

www.ebayinisrael.blogspot.com

joy613

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 5:18 am
ewa-jo wrote:
My parents have been in the MLM buinsess for 20 years.. it does work, but you need to be critical of the company you are working for. Stay away from any MLM which requires a big up-front cost to sign up and which requires you to buy a certain amount of products every month. Shady business models rely on recruitment for income, instead of selling products. They are 'selling the business' and push recruitment because they get a hefty bonus from each new person that signs up. They will push, push, push you to sign up and then not offer any support afterwards, since they're already got money from you.

More importantly, evaluate the products in terms of whether or not *YOU* would actually use them and buy them regularly at the price they are offered for. Don't believe anyone's hype about how well something sells if you would not use the products and/or you think it's too expensive for your friends/ family/ community to actually buy. There are some popular new MLMs that sell antioxidant juice drinks, which sound nice and healthy, but it's $40 for a bottle of juice. We don't pay that much for wine! I don't know a soul who would actually buy $40 juice.

I have been selling on ebay for 6 years and make a real business out of it. Because people have asked me about it, I put up a blog about it. Most of the information is general ebay info, not actually anything specific to Israel.

www.ebayinisrael.blogspot.com

Your blog is really helpful and does a good job explaining the whole process.
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers