Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
What main dish do you make for the seder?
1  2  Next

daisy

Post Fri, Mar 26 2010, 12:37 pm
need ideas

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 26 2010, 1:01 pm
check out the other thread here, then

flowerpower

Post Fri, Mar 26 2010, 1:09 pm
Minute steaks and chicken from the soup(ewe, our family actually likes the soft tasty chicken).

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 2:47 am
cold poached chicken with spinach walnut pesto

chicken from the soup

pot roast

pickled roast

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 2:48 am
I'm making a whole turkey.

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 8:40 am
I make chicken with various sauces. (Just one sauce per chicken) and either a roast, or flanken with sauce.

On the side are potatoes and vegetables.

Zus

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 9:01 am
Smoked tongue and potato kugel Smile

mominlkwd

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 9:05 am
Veal roast that is really good but takes 3 days to make (!!!) so I only make it once a year for pesach since DH loves it. Hawaiian Chicken (both can be made on top of the stove)

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 9:09 am
about 8 gigantic roasts for the first seder.

leftover roast and chicken in a wine and fruit sauce for the second.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 1:35 pm
mominlkwd wrote:
Veal roast that is really good but takes 3 days to make (!!!) so I only make it once a year for pesach since DH loves it. Hawaiian Chicken (both can be made on top of the stove)

What's your stovetop veal recipe?

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 2:12 pm
Turkey.

mominlkwd

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 2:39 pm
ra_mom wrote:
mominlkwd wrote:

Here Goes:

Tangy Veal (or meat) Roast

Serves 8-10

Marinade:
4-5 Lb. Veal, washed and dried
1 C. Semi dry white wine (I've used dry as well)
1/4 C. Oil
1/4 C. (Wine) Vinegar
6 Garlic Cloves, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
1/2 tsp. Oregano

Next Day Marinade:
1/2 C. Oil
1/2 C. (Wine) Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1 C. Tomato Sauce (optional) - I never put it in since I don't like red colored veal
6-8 Garlic Cloves - Pressed
3 Stalks celery - diced
3 Carrots - sliced into rounds
2 Large onions - sliced

In a ziploc bag combine all ingredients for Marinade except wine add meat and marinate for 6 hours or overnight flipping every once in a while. Place meat in a pot that fits it's size as closely as possible. Add the wine to the meat and simmer for 3 hours. Refrigerate overnight.

The next day remove the meat from the pot and discard the juices. Slice and lay flat in a 9 X 13 Pan. Mix up ing. for next day marinade and pour over meat slices. Cut up vegetables and arrange over the meat slices. Cover well with foil and bake in oven at 350 for another 2 hours basting once an hour or so to prevent drying out.

Note: I don't put in the parsely or oregano, I never add the optional tomato sauce. Also the next day marinade I do on the stovetop, I'm just posting the original recipe since it's easier in case anyone wants to put it in the oven.

Also, when I don't have time I have made it with just the next day marinade (leaving out the whole first marinade step) and it's still really good.

Good Luck

Isramom8

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 2:50 pm
A small duck and a roast.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 2:53 pm
Beef stew.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 3:27 pm
chicken and mashed potatoes, cucumber salad, tilapia.

It's pretty simple bc to be honest, we get pretty full from the matzah, maror, etc. and 4 cups. I make more for day meals.

supermama2

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 6:02 pm
Veal Stew from aish.com

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 8:09 pm
mominlkwd wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
mominlkwd wrote:

Here Goes:

Serves 8-10

Marinade:
1/4 C. Oil
1/4 C. (Wine) Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
1/2 tsp. Oregano

Next Day Marinade:
1/2 C. Oil
1/2 C. (Wine) Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1 C. Tomato Sauce (optional) - I never put it in since I don't like red colored veal
3 Stalks celery - diced
2 Large onions - sliced

In a ziploc bag combine all ingredients for Marinade except wine add meat and marinate for 6 hours or overnight flipping every once in a while. Place meat in a pot that fits it's size as closely as possible. Add the wine to the meat and simmer for 3 hours. Refrigerate overnight.

The next day remove the meat from the pot and discard the juices. Slice and lay flat in a 9 X 13 Pan. Mix up ing. for next day marinade and pour over meat slices. Cut up vegetables and arrange over the meat slices. Cover well with foil and bake in oven at 350 for another 2 hours basting once an hour or so to prevent drying out.

Note: I don't put in the parsely or oregano, I never add the optional tomato sauce. Also the next day marinade I do on the stovetop, I'm just posting the original recipe since it's easier in case anyone wants to put it in the oven.

Also, when I don't have time I have made it with just the next day marinade (leaving out the whole first marinade step) and it's still really good.

Good Luck

Thank you! Is it very tasty? I'd love to try it.

mominlkwd

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 8:57 pm
ra_mom wrote:
mominlkwd wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
mominlkwd wrote:

Here Goes:

Serves 8-10

Marinade:
1/4 C. Oil
1/4 C. (Wine) Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
1/2 tsp. Oregano

Next Day Marinade:
1/2 C. Oil
1/2 C. (Wine) Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
1/2 tsp. Oregano
3 Stalks celery - diced
2 Large onions - sliced

Good Luck

Thank you! Is it very tasty? I'd love to try it.

Yeah, it's really good. It's one of those recipes that gets better every time you reheat it (love those Very Happy ). My husband is absolutely crazy about it, which is really the only reason I patchke with it. He hates pesach cooking but this is one thing he looks forward to.

Rodent

Post Mon, Mar 29 2010, 3:50 am
Night one:
Haroset chicken (my haroset recipe is around somewhere, it's made of dates, figs, pomegranates, grape juice and olive oil)
Putting in under the skin and smearing it all over, baking it with vegies. I'll let you know how it is but it smells great!

Night two:
Chicken pieces in sauce with rice

We normally do one night with red meat but it didn't work out that way this year.

Zus

Post Mon, Mar 29 2010, 4:33 am
Wow do you have the patience to check rice grain by grain, a couple of times? DH prefers to forgo rice for a week LOL
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics