Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Anything else besides the "BUGABOO"?
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 9:57 am
So I'm researching strollers and don't know what to get.

This is a long awaited baby for us and both sides, my parents and his. My in-laws will probably get us the stroller and are very excited.

I love the look and features of the Bugaboo Bee. It is pretty (according to my taste) and very lightweight and very easy to push. Especially the new upcoming version seems the perfect choice.

But I hate the status symbol issue. I don't what to get it because everyone has it and many people who do can't afford it but just have it for the status symbol.

Any other options? I'd love to also hear from Europeans as I know there are many strollers there that are not sold in the USA.

momaleh

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 10:04 am
I would look into the BJ city select!

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 10:05 am
I'm pretty sure there are a few strollers out there other than the Bugaboo.

Raisin

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 10:14 am
I love my bj city mini because of how easy it is to fold and push. It hasn't aged very well, but I think I've heard the more expensive version (select?) doesn't have this problem. It's not the frame that has aged badly but the material.

I would still buy it again despite this problem though.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 10:56 am
The Bugaboo Bee is not a status symbol at all there are many strollers more expensive than the bee. If you were getting the Cameleon that would be a different story. So get the Bee and enjoy it because no one will look twice with the Bee.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:00 am
I agree with above amother.
The Bugaboo Bee is 529.
It falls into the range of high end carriages, but there are many carriages that are a lot more.
I don't think the Uppa Baby is considered a status symbol, yet is almost 150 more than the Bee..

The Bee looks like a great carriage.

Raisin

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:07 am
Cookies n Cream wrote:
The Bugaboo Bee is 529.
It falls into the range of high end carriages, but there are many carriages that are a lot more.
I don't think the Uppa Baby is considered a status symbol, yet is almost 150 more than the Bee..

a basketless stroller for more then $500???? There may be more expensive strollers, but they are probably expensive becasue they have many good features.

OP, you need to consider what your needs are. Do you have a car or do you do lots of walking? do you think you might need a double stroller in the future? Some singles will convert easily to a double. do you need to carry shopping in your stroller? Do you want the baby to face you, or is this unimportant? How tall are you?

there are dozens of stroller threads on here, go check them out.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:08 am
[quote="Raisin"]
Cookies n Cream wrote:
The Bugaboo Bee is 529.

a basketless stroller for more then $500???? There may be more expensive strollers, but they are probably expensive becasue they have many good features.

OP, you need to consider what your needs are. Do you have a car or do you do lots of walking? do you think you might need a double stroller in the future? Some singles will convert easily to a double. do you need to carry shopping in your stroller? Do you want the baby to face you, or is this unimportant? How tall are you?

Sorry for my ignorance. It's basketless?
I never actually reserarched, just saw it around

Liba

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:13 am
I love my Emmaljunga for city use, Maclaren for on buses and in and out of cabs.

It depends on what you like, how you will be using it, and what you are looking to spend.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:19 am
my favorites are UppaBaby Vista and Teutonia,

Ronit

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:24 am
The bee has a decent size basket. In fact sturdier than the citi mini.

The uppababy vista is a nice choice, and it also folds with the seat attached. It's a big frame tho, but it has the advantage that it can convert into a double.

Ronit

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:27 am
http://bugaboobeeplus.com/

At the bottom of the page, you can see a picture of the bee with the basket on.

http://www.uppababy.com/produc.....d=120

Ronit

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:28 am
http://www.joggingstroller.com.....e.pro

lkwdwife2009

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:28 am
Try test driving the stroller too. I know the bee has a much shorter handle and can be uncomfortable for tall people as opposed to the chameleon which is higher up...

Ronit

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:30 am
Both the cameleon and the bee handles extend. The frog has a short handle.

Ronit

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:31 am
chaylizi wrote:

I've seen the teutonia, but what do people like about it?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:38 am
I had my first two before bugaboo existed....had a Maclaren that lasted beautifully, and then was stolen (!) but didn't really need it then anymore.

Had a few years till my long-awaited 3rd child....when I was expecting her I tried out my neighbors bugaboo, and beyond the looks I couldn't for the life of me figure out what all the hype is about. It's heavy, bulky, cumbersome, tough to put the parts together, and wheeled down my path going in all directions. Plus the hefty price tag.

So when my parents offered me a new stroller/carriage I asked for another fully-reclining Maclaren...and haven't been sorry. Love it, travelled overseas with it, went everywhere with it.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:42 am
Ronit wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

I've seen the teutonia, but what do people like about it?

I test drove a new T-Linx in a baby store (just for kicks. I was there for something else) & it is so smooth. it is perfect for everything, except it is heavy.

sky

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:53 am
What about:
QuinnyBuzz
Stokke Xplory
Micralite Toro

Or go to an upscale baby store and test drive some.

maidale

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 12:28 pm
I have the teutonia, and I absolutely love it. It has everything I need. I HATE the bugaboo, and I needed something narrow as I have a tiny elevator. The teutonia fits the bill in everything. It's narrow, has a bassinet, car seat adaptor and a huge basket. The frame folds big, but since I don't have a car and do a lot of walking, it doesn't matter for me. I like the quinny too, bot they are pretty wide. The koelstra also has all these features if you like it.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics