Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Anything else besides the "BUGABOO"?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Ronit

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 12:56 pm
chaylizi wrote:
Ronit wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
my favorites are UppaBaby Vista and Teutonia,

I've seen the teutonia, but what do people like about it?

I test drove a new T-Linx in a baby store (just for kicks. I was there for something else) & it is so smooth. it is perfect for everything, except it is heavy.

I thought it was heavy & hard to fold. I don't especially like the look of it, but that's just my personal taste. I was wondering why it's chosen over some of the other ones. You need to take off the seat in order to fold it - right?

chaylizi

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 1:20 pm
It's engineered for Europeans, many of whom take public transportation. I think it looks cool but again, that would be personal taste. I don't own it though.

Bugaboos are also heavy & hard to fold. A real nightmare for suburbanites. Plus I can do without a status symbol stroller.

Raisin

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 1:25 pm
chaylizi wrote:
It's engineered for Europeans, many of whom take public transportation. I think it looks cool but again, that would be personal taste. I don't own it though.

Bugaboos are also heavy & hard to fold. A real nightmare for suburbanites. Plus I can do without a status symbol stroller.

maybe european cities where people walk a lot and you can take strollers onto public transport without folding? I was recently in another european country and was amazed at how everyone has huge cumbersome strollers.

Ronit

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 1:31 pm
Non status symbol: To me the uppababy seems to have alot of advantages over the teutonia.

Bugaboos you need to take apart too, but it's extremely lightweight.

The bee seems to be an all in one stroller (besides the tire wheels) - the 2010 model is quite enticing, altough I like the look of the old one better.

Comparing the bee to either the teutonia, vista, or bugaboos other ones, is like comparing beans & meat. They are meant for different lifestyles.

maidale

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 1:32 pm
Ronit, The seat does not have to be taken off to fold, only the bassinet or car seat does, and like I said, it folds quite big and heavy. And yes, in Europe most people have these big heavy prams, and public transportation is very accommodating, I can go on the bus or tram even with my double stroller (koelstra) with no problem whatsoever.

Strollers need to be carefully chosen according to your lifestyle and needs. While I love my teutonia, it would've been a nightmare for suburban living, or even for someone living in lakewood that practically lives in the car.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 1:32 pm
Am I the only one turned off by the name Teutonia? lol

Ronit

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 1:33 pm
maidale wrote:
Ronit, The seat does not have to be taken off to fold, only the bassinet or car seat does, and like I said, it folds quite big and heavy. And yes, in Europe most people have these big heavy prams, and public transportation is very accommodating, I can go on the bus or tram even with my double stroller (koelstra) with no problem whatsoever.

Strollers need to be carefully chosen according to your lifestyle and needs. While I love my teutonia, it would've been a nightmare for suburban living, or even for someone living in lakewood that practically lives in the car.

Yes

chaylizi

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 1:42 pm
Ronit wrote:
Non status symbol: To me the uppababy seems to have alot of advantages over the teutonia.

Let's not have this argument. I have owned both an uppababy & a bugaboo. No one says boo to by Vista, but there were far too many people looking at my Bug & making snap judgments about me for my liking. You might disagree, but then you own one (and you live in NY, where no one cares what you do.)

I agree that the Vista has advantages over the teutonia in certain settings though, which may be why I own a Vista.

zigi

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 1:56 pm
Raisin wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

maybe european cities where people walk a lot and you can take strollers onto public transport without folding? I was recently in another european country and was amazed at how everyone has huge cumbersome strollers.

some places in europe like denmark and sweden there is space on public transportation for strollers and you don't have to fold them.

chatouli

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 1:59 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Am I the only one turned off by the name Teutonia? lol

No, Ruchel, you are not!

Another vote for the Uppababy Vista. I have the 2009. My baby actually slept in the bassinet for the first three months of his life and it held up great even with him in it 12+ hours a day. (Or is that wishful remembering of how much he slept? Either way it is in great shape Wink )

It is very lightweight, yet sturdy. My home has a number of front steps and I bump him up and down in it and it feels very secure. It folds very easily and has a huge basket. I can fit most of my shopping in there. My only complaints with it are fixed in the 2010 model (it now comes with a raincover for the bassinet, and the seat sits up fully, whereas on the 2009 it doesn't, which I imagine may annoy my son when he is a big boy). I have heard good things about using it with the rumble seat as a double. Also, their customer service is fantastic. That counts for something.

Ronit

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 2:02 pm
chaylizi wrote:
Ronit wrote:

Let's not have this argument. I have owned both an uppababy & a bugaboo. No one says boo to by Vista, but there were far too many people looking at my Bug & making snap judgments about me for my liking. You might disagree, but then you own one (and you live in NY, where no one cares what you do.)

I agree that the Vista has advantages over the teutonia in certain settings though, which may be why I own a Vista.

You totally misunderstood my post. Sorry it wasn't clear. Basicly I meant in regard to the non status symbol strollers I see advantages of the vista over teutonia.

I wasn't argueing if the bugaboo is a status symbol or not.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 2:02 pm
I was ordering some accessories for my Vista & the storekeeper was trying to convince me to sell my 2009 & get a new one. Right.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 2:03 pm
Ronit wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
Ronit wrote:

You totally misunderstood my post. Sorry it wasn't clear. Basicly I meant in regard to the non status symbol strollers I see advantages of the vista over teutonia.

I wasn't argueing if the bugaboo is a status symbol or not.

gotcha. well I guess I got the second part of it. because I agree with you that I like the Vista better.

canadamom

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 2:39 pm
I have the uppa baby vista and love it! especially in the beginning, the bassinet part was great, I used it in my house instead of a crib.
it is heavy to use in and out of the car though, so it depends what you need it for, for city walking it's great

bnm

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 4:37 pm
chaylizi wrote:
I was ordering some accessories for my Vista & the storekeeper was trying to convince me to sell my 2009 & get a new one. Right.

on StrollerSwap someone had the 09 vista with a ruumble seat and had to get a replacement frame so she got the '10. she says the push is sooo much better with the '10

jewels

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 4:39 pm
I have the Bee and love it. Handle does extend and there's a very nice size basket, plus it wheels so well! It goes in and out of my car with no problem, it doesn't take up a lot of room at all. Traveled to Israel with it a few times and it was a dream. There's also this bassinet type thing for newborns, I think it's called a nest? I had the Quinny Buzz and hated it. It didn't wheel easily and though it folded up pretty flat it was very heavy and the seat was pretty small also. As far as status I think that so many people have the Bugs that it's not really a status symbol anymore.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 4:57 pm
bnm wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

on StrollerSwap someone had the 09 vista with a ruumble seat and had to get a replacement frame so she got the '10. she says the push is sooo much better with the '10

I don't like to make a habit of upgrading models. Maybe I'll check it out, but only if I can get a good price for my 09.

Justlookup

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:13 pm
Another vote for the Uppa baby vista. I have it and it has all the maalos of all the carriages together.
- wheels very lightly and easily, yet securely ( I also have a couple of steps and goes up and down without a problem), has both the bassinet and regualr seat - in the same price - (some other ones charge for each piece separately), a huge basket, and I like the look too - is a modern, high-end look, even if its not the bugaboo.
I also did quite a bit 'research' before buying my uppa and after checking many out came to the conclusion that this has everything good from all the options, plus it has a good (better) price than other ones.
The only Chisoron I found is that the regular seat doesnt fold back for the baby to sleep comfortably. that's one thing I really dislike (but as far as I know, the bugaboo and other similar strollers dont either, they have the bassinet for sleeping).
Other then this, it really is a perfect stroller.

bnm

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:21 pm
ChayaG wrote:
Another vote for the Uppa baby vista. I have it and it has all the maalos of all the carriages together.
- wheels very lightly and easily, yet securely ( I also have a couple of steps and goes up and down without a problem), has both the bassinet and regualr seat - in the same price - (some other ones charge for each piece separately), a huge basket, and I like the look too - is a modern, high-end look, even if its not the bugaboo.
I also did quite a bit 'research' before buying my uppa and after checking many out came to the conclusion that this has everything good from all the options, plus it has a good (better) price than other ones.
The only Chisoron I found is that the regular seat doesnt fold back for the baby to sleep comfortably. that's one thing I really dislike (but as far as I know, the bugaboo and other similar strollers dont either, they have the bassinet for sleeping).
Other then this, it really is a perfect stroller.

I was under the impression that the tetonia had an adjustable seat back...

First Lady

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 11:47 pm
Quote:
Bugaboos are also heavy & hard to fold. A real nightmare for suburbanites.

Not the Bugaboo Bee which the OP is asking about. It's practically lightweight and not that hard to fold. I think the upcoming version has even better qualities.
I do agree it's a status symbol carriage but for good reason. It's definitely a stroller I would consider.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics