Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Anything else besides the "BUGABOO"?
Previous  1  2  3

Aizer K'negdo in progress

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 12:09 am
Here is one "EUROPEAN" answer:

I love the bebeconfort. It handles very well, light and looks nice:
http://www.bebeconfort.com/col......htm#

I really enjoy the Peg Perego completo:
It is a bit like the baby jogger city elite but european style!!! Better fabric, better look IMHO.
My sister has a peg and she loves it too
http://www.pegperego.com/page......;cl=N

As per the American one my vote goes for the baby Jogger city elite.
We went every where with it.
We went from the busy streets of the city to off trailing in the woods
It is solid B'H' and the service is excellent.
You can transform it into a double easily and you can have the "bassinette/pram" or the car seat adaptor (we chose the latter because we wanted to be able in one clic to go from the car to the stroller and not take off the baby from one to the other) so you can use the stroller from birth until the child is really older!.
The "quick fold" technology is great too.

We reaaaallly love our Baby Jogger
that is the model we have:
http://www.babyjogger.com/city......aspx

Like another poster said try a few, asks friend if you can try theirs.
See what are your needs: city vs outdoors vs often vs once in a while vs price vs ...

Good luck:)

P.S. I did not go with the bugaboo because of the at that time recall on their strollers
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pr......html
and I did not like the small wheels/big wheel combination

maidale

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 11:44 am
The teutonia seat fully reclines. In fact, my daughter sometimes sleeps on her stomach in it, and there's a bassinet without a frame that goes on the seat for those that don't want/need the hard bassinet. You can check out their website for all the info and specifications. www.teutonia.de The most complete version is when you choose "Germany".

chatouli

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 1:45 pm
I just wanted to add that while I ended up liking the Vista better than any Bugaboo model, I would have bought a Bugaboo had I preferred it. I considered the status aspect but decided that people will always have what to say about your child-rearing no matter what you do. Strangers will come up to you and tell you that your baby needs a hat, or isn't he wearing too many layers, or should you really be taking him out on such a cold/warm/rainy day? Exploding anger

Nobody ever minds their own business anyway so you may as well get whichever stroller suits you best, since you will be using it every day for iy"H many years and it makes such a difference to like what you are using. Most other baby items you can get from friends or scrimp on if necessary, but a stroller is a big deal. Just get what you like and use it in good health!

goldie22

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 3:36 pm
I loooovvvveeeeee my city mini baby jogger its fab!

Shemmie

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 3:48 pm
What about...
- Orbit Baby (there is a new one - the G2, it's amazing!)
- Inglesina Zippy
- iCandy
- Micralite

I have the Orbit and am in love with it. I test drove nearly every stroller (at the time, the Bugaboo Bee didn't have a bassinet attachment so it was out of the running for me). I am very petite and found the UppaBaby Vista too bulky, big, and heavy, even to push it was annoying, in my opinion, although I had gone into the store thinking I was going to buy it because I loved it online.

Go test drive before you buy!!!

ven

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 4:14 pm
funy in my country its very fashionable to have a stokke stroller , much more than to have a bugaboo.
loola or quinny buzz is very popular here.

chaylizi

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 4:16 pm
the stokke is not very popular here. it is expensive and very plasticky.

bbmom

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 5:32 pm
The 2010 vista sits more upright and has an easier brake.

Love the orbit baby stroller - test drove a friend's and it's amazing. Not worth the $$ though.

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 5:35 pm
chaylizi wrote:

and looks like a high chair

chaylizi

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 6:59 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

If anyone watched cartoons when they were little, I've reviews that described it as the Jetsons' stroller. (it was a futuristic cartoon set in outer space). I've heard the Orbit described as a crockpot on wheels. The Orbit is more popular though. Even though it's a travel system & you are basically keeping your baby in a car seat all day (boo!).

mbasya

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 9:45 pm
I have owned quite a few strollers, maclarren, valco, citi mini double and I now have the bugaboo and say what you like about it but is an AWESOME stroller............... I put it in and out of the car a lot and find it VERY easy... it is light, super smooth adn all around GREAT! Even if it is a status symbol, if it's a GREAT strollre AND a status symbol......... you've got the best of both worlds!

JollyMommy

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 1:02 am
as a stroller junky I will say uppababy vista is the best stroller available in the US- because:

1. basket is humungous- my bugaboo had a drawstring closure and uppa holds at least double
2. the chair attachment makes it into an easy and convenient double
3. the sunshade goes all the way down making it dark for the baby

(I have owned a peg perego, quinny, bugaboo and currently own the uppababy and a double citymini..my oldest is 3 KAH)

I looove it!

chaylizi

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 4:10 pm
I have owned a cameleon & I far prefer the vista.

shev

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 4:40 pm
. and it doesnt fold compact its pretty bulky

Last edited by shev on Sun, Nov 20 2011, 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

bbmom

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 5:10 pm
chaylizi wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

If anyone watched cartoons when they were little, I've reviews that described it as the Jetsons' stroller. (it was a futuristic cartoon set in outer space). I've heard the Orbit described as a crockpot on wheels. The Orbit is more popular though. Even though it's a travel system & you are basically keeping your baby in a car seat all day (boo!).

Orbit has a bassinet. The vista wins for functionality but it's mightily big and bulky.

bnm

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 7:40 pm
shev wrote:
I got the teutonia and im not that happy with it, it doesnt recline completely, I had the bassinet when my baby was small but I think at 10 months it would be more comfortable if it would recline completely. and it doesnt fold compact its pretty bulky

the European Tetonia I heard does lay flat completely... why do they do they change stuff for the American market?

chaylizi

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 9:11 pm
bbmom wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

Orbit has a bassinet. The vista wins for functionality but it's mightily big and bulky.

the bassinet is sold separately. the travel system alone is $900. that's WITHOUT the bassinet or toddler seat. please.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics