Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Too skinny, ideas how to gain wait.
1  2  Next

moreorless

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 9:57 pm
I have 2 kids and weigh less than 100 lbs. I know I need to eat more, but have very picky taste buds and hate to cook. Any ideas? Maybe quick healthy (weight gain) meals.. snacks?

dleah

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 9:59 pm
trade bodies with someone else. Like...me ? Please ?

MOM222

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 10:17 pm
What do you eat? And how tall are you?

newmom

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 10:19 pm
snack on nuts and dried fruit- both healthy and high in calories.

newmom

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 10:21 pm
what do you eat in a typical day? when we have more info, we can guide you better. Also, have you been very thin your whole life, or is this something new?

queen

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 10:53 pm
quick- what's your address, I've got 15 extra pounds I could UPS to you, no charge....

cindy324

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 10:57 pm
Yeah, please I'll ship 20 lbs to you too, no charge! I'll even foot the shipping bill! Heck, I'll send it next day air if you want it!

hey its me

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 11:01 pm
ill personally deliver 20 pounds!

amother

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 11:30 pm
I have the same problem. and I am 5 months pregnant.
I am normally 135 and am 5'8" and so far this preg I have lost 9 1/2 lbs.
I need to gain weight.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 11:47 pm
My dd has been losing weight and I was understandably concerned to say the least. We did some testing via stool and found that she has a malabsorption problem. We are now doing further testing to see what is the cause of her malabsorption. We are testing for gluten allergy, parasite infestation, candida overgrowth, etc.
My other daughter, who at age 8 was quite thin, has b''h gained very nicely on these two products: liqui-lea multivitamin/mineral from Shaklee and the protein shake from Shaklee. She may've been anemic, though I do not know as I hadn't done a bloodtest on her, but if she was anemic the multivitamin supplied her with the iron her body was lacking. Anemia can account for low appetite.
How's your thyroid? Thyroid function can play a role, so it's a good idea to check.
Are you nursing a baby? I lost a lot of weight while nursing.
Ideas for high-calorie foods: avacado, nuts, chocolate, ice cream, cheeses, pizza, oil: I pour oil liberally over my salads (healthy oil, of course),
Best of luck!

amother

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 12:29 am
I have the same problem with my DH. He is way too skinny and looks even worse for a man. He really is embarrassed with how skinny he is. Not that he should be, but I understand him. If anyone can offer tips of how to gain weight I too would appreciate it. Unfortunately I'm not very helpful because I only know of weight loss tips LOL

amother

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 12:30 am
Amother who wrote about shaklee, is that good for adults too?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 7:36 am
You should check it out with a doctor if you are concerned. It might be an indication of something serious. After my mother had her third child she couldn't gain weight. It turned out to be an overactive thyroid.
Have you always been this skinny? If this is something that has been with you your whole life, maybe that's just the way you were built. Some people are supposed to be small.
What helps me gain weight in a healthy way is working out. It makes you hungry because you are using energy, it gives you more energy, and you build muscle which weighs more than fat.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 8:08 am
amother wrote:
My dd has been losing weight and I was understandably concerned to say the least. We did some testing via stool and found that she has a malabsorption problem. We are now doing further testing to see what is the cause of her malabsorption. We are testing for gluten allergy, parasite infestation, candida overgrowth, etc.

don't rule out Crones Disease. (sounds scarier than it usually is, so don't lose sleep just yet)

amother

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 9:04 am
Crohn's has been ruled out, based on lab results of recent tests.
OP, definitely get yourself checked out, comprehensive testing, to rule out any physiological/hormonal, etc cause of your skinniness....

moreorless

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 10:02 am
I was always skinny, I am nursing, but I feel weak, get dizzy when I stand up, and I just feel like I am not getting the proper nutrients.

Friedman

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 10:13 am
consult with a Nutritionist. He/she can help you figure out a better diet that will give you more enegry.

JMto2

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 10:17 am
Well first off I can give you a weight transfer but otherwise I have a friend that has the same problem and what she does is she tries healthy fat like olive oil she uses rather than junk oils and she trys to eat full meals and she would sit there an hour to do it. Good luck and hope this helps a bit.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 10:23 am
I say, just wait! Maybe your metabolism will just change.

Mine did Sad

RivkaS

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 3:29 am
[quote="queen"]quick- what's your address, I've got 15 extra pounds I could UPS to you, no charge....[/quote]
I'd add another 20, can deliver more if needed.... Yes
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise