Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Downside to city mini double?

amother

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 10:45 am
I'm considering the city mini double and have only heard good things.
Has anyone tried it or bought it and hated it? What are some of the cons to this stroller?

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 10:49 am
This isnt a huge deal, but I had a hard time dealing with the strap adjustment when the twins were smaller. Now that they are 6 months its fine.

myfriends715

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 11:10 am
its basically impossible to lock in folding position.. thats annoying

GetReal

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 11:17 am
The wheels aren't huge jogger wheels, if that's what you want. I loved the wheels in the city; now in the suburbs I see how a real jogger would be easier.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 11:39 am
the stroller doesn't lock closed. you need to get a strap if you require that it lock for traveling.

the seats are a little saggy. some people put in firm cardboard. and some others call BJ and get firm cardboard that costs $10/per seat. some peopel (like me) do nothing & live.

the harness did not keep my dd from climbing out.

otherwise I love it.

I wouldn't have minded jogger wheels, but air tires add weight. considering I was specifically looking for a lightweight car stroller, I can't be disappointed. the BJ Elite (with air tires & the same fold) weighs 46 lbs. the weight difference is not worth the better wheels. the MBUD is lighter but has a terrible canopy. Nothing is perfect.

the BJCMD is lightweight, has an easy fold & has great sunshades- just no air tires. we live.

Last edited by chaylizi on Thu, Apr 15 2010, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

GetReal

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 11:43 am
Yeah, forgot to mention that - ds can climb right out, the straps don't hold him anymore.

lamplighter

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 12:38 pm
My friend only complains that the fabric seems to be of low quality and doesn't wear very well.

applemartini101

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 1:05 pm
I hate it!! I thought I would love it but I really dislike it! I cant pinpoint what it is but ive had it for 8 months and used it maybe 10 times!

Yakira

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 1:15 pm
the basket sucks. And the seat doesn't sit amazingly upright. The car seat attatchment makes it that much heavier and bulkier and harder to fold and store. It doesnt fit into my mothers apartment in Manhattan.

Otherwise its pretty good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics